|National Bank of Commerce|
Assistant Relationship Manager (ARM) – Global Clients
locations Head Office NBC
time type Full time
job requisition id R-15946918
is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of
experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and
investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Responsible for client solutioning, service and
identification of leads by being a member of the Client Relationship
Team (Cross Functional Team; RM, ARM and Product Specialists). Assist
the RM with sales research, relationship development, needs analysis and
be responsible for the day-to-day operations and risk management of
client portfolios. Serves as the second point of contact to the client
on sales and service issues. Responsible for all operational activities
in the Client Relationship Team
Sales, Customer Solutioning and Customer Service: -50%
sell vanilla products to existing clients and increase the cross-sell
ratio of each client ensuring that each client is solutioned 100% with
appropriate products. The correct need must be identified by the ARM and
the adequate product must be sold to the customer to proactively
increase the share of wallet.
- Liaise with Product specialist
(e.g. Transactional Services, Trade, Global Markets, Debt, Private
Banking, Bancassurance etc) relevant to solutioning for vanilla
products. Ensure that the client is solutioned comprehensively.
and maintain sales and service contact within the client’s organisation
and key shareholders to ensure effective customer service i.e. a key
relationship is required to solution a client
- Act as a principal
point of contact in the absence of the Relationship Manager (RM) for
the purposes of ensuring continuous customer service as an example if
the RM is not available the OB will assess the customer’s need and put
forward an application for approval to credit
- Manage the
operational service and risk management aspects of the portfolio, the
customer must experience a seamless operation with regards to their
transactional needs, and securities to be managed according to the
expectation of the client.
- Responsible, where appropriate, to
assist, co-ordinate and monitor the introduction of clients to and from
other areas of the NBC/Absa Group, in order to increase revenue for the
- Monitor, analyse and recommend supporting action (follow
ups and timeous and accurate feedback) to improve client service based
on Client Satisfaction Surveys and implement corrective measures to
improve service delivery to clients.
- Identify potential new
clients by building and maintaining a database of potential clients
supporting the Relationship Manager and for the purpose of jointly
growing the portfolio of clients.
- Arrange product presentations, in conjunction with the Relationship Manager to promote products to new and existing clients.
service reviews with clients and implement corrective measures to
improve service delivery to the client and recommend actions for
improvement based on feedback.
- Responsible to resolve client
concerns/complaints within an acceptable timeframe. Recommend action for
service recovery to RM and Management.
- Follow up on
transactions in progress to ensure that this is in line with Service
Level Agreements (SLA) and act on service level failures and report same
- Collect and report on all fee income i.e.
facility fees, excess fees, raising and valuation fees, etc by
monitoring the clients portfolios in line with applicable transactions.
the client visit to be undertaken by the RM by preparing all required
documentation and sales material required from analysis of the client
group, together with recommendations of sales opportunities or clients
- Responsible to identify and manage potential risk and
compliance gaps in clients portfolio’s and recommend and make
appropriate corrections in conjunction with the ARM may decide to
contact a customer and request updated or information required.
and action the pipeline of facilitate quicker payout of approved loan
facilities and make recommendations on how to fast track the process if
Risk and Operational Management: -30%
and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedures to
activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant
governance and compliance training
- Adhere to the KYC processes.
- Manage securities with assistance of Risk Control Unit and Securities Management Units with the assistance of the RM.
- Obtain required documentation from clients e.g. public documents, KYC documents etc to support the opening of accounts.
the Bank’s operational risk is mitigated by being informed and
knowledgeable on all relevant information that govern the bank’s action
or alert management of any risk that come to light. The RM must have up
to date knowledge of all policies and procedures regarding sales,
credit, compliance and processing. All compliance training must be up to
date and completed.
- Follow up with client on outstanding
documentation such as security, product, guarantee’s etc related and
recommend action to the RM if not forthcoming.
- Responsible for
accurate management of client information through manual and electronic
updates and the filling of essential client information.
that the clients risk type (low risk, high risk and no risk) is captured
correctly and that appropriate remedial actions are adhered to.
- Manage the risk, legal and bad debt of portfolio by identifying and liaising with all relevant stakeholders.
and manage credit losses and write-offs, pro-active portfolio
management resulting in zero losses in the portfolio (including excess
management and facility conditions compliance)
- Act as the “second line of defence” in all risk matters relating clients under the portfolio
Business Management: -10%
client meetings to support client servicing, sell vanilla products and
to obtain appropriate documents (KYC Account Opening, Security
documents, indemnities etc) from customers.
- Follow up that new clients, products and pricing are set up and accurately captured on relevant systems.
the seamless take-over of accounts from other banks and implementations
of NBC system by coordinating the inputs of the applicable product
houses, credit, sector, and other relevant service providers.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Group sector specialists for support in deal closures
regular meetings held with Cross Functional team and ensure specific
action related to the role is carried out and that new and effective
ways of working are sought to improve the service to the customer.
- Promote effective and continuous teamwork
People Focus: -10%
- Continuous learning and self-development through training interventions, secondments, on the job training, shadowing et.c.
- Day to day coaching and development of the team i.e. operational bankers, credit/business analysts, peers e.t.c
Role / Person Specification
Education and Experience Required
/ Advance Diploma / Diploma or Equivalent qualification in Finance,
Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or any other related
- At least 4 years of experience in Relationship Management,
Credit or Product environment and Client Service (dealing with Global
Clients – Multinational Corporates, Financial & Non-Financial
Institutions and Global Development Organizations would be an added
- Working general knowledge of local and international
markets, economies, their drivers, industry dynamics, competitor
- An up to date knowledge of banking products across trade, cash management, FX, etc
- An up to date knowledge of local and international multi-sectoral industry trends and dynamics
- Experience of managing customer relationships
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 3) and Competencies: (Maximum of 4 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Strong solutioning, selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and sound financial skills
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Strong Leadership and team-working skills
- Basic IT and banking system knowledge
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Mental & Environmental Demands
Special work requirements:
- Experience in managing/assisting Global Corporate clients
- Knowledge of banking and financial environment in Tanzania and overseas
- Commercial or related qualification would be an added advantage
Most complex decision that can be taken without referral to the manager:
- Various as prescribed from time to time
Business change accountability:
- Various as prescribed from time to time
- Supporting RM to achieve >=TZS 7.0b Revenues p.a. growing annually
Communication and Interaction required:
Staff in own area
(manager, subordinates, colleagues)
Staff outside own area
(other than staff in own area)
(e.g. Industry Forums/Associations)
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
mindset – Junior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further
development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the
requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements),
Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements),
Experience in a similar environment, Higher Diplomas – Business,
Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the
requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service
Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Relationship building (Meets
some of the requirements and would need further development)