|ABSA Group Limited|
We are a diversified standalone
African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of
products and services across personal and business banking, corporate
and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest
diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries
across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified
financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the
continent and around 41 000 employees.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius,
Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in
Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have
representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance
operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and
Head of Sourcing
locations Absa House – ABT
time type Full time
job requisition id R-15940565
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank
with regional and international expertise, a career with our family
offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to
reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your
future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your
potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
sourcing and supply chain activity at a Country level for the
development and execution of commercial solutions and 3rd party risk
management targeted to realising significant value for the country.
with senior business and Regional Sourcing representatives to ensure
that business objectives are understood and driving alignment of
Strategic Sourcing objectives
- To manage the dependencies between
Sourcing and relevant business areas to ensure effective implementation
of sourcing initiatives (category strategies, Risk & Controls
Framework and Savings Delivery)
- Creating and leading a team of
highly motivated and capable professionals who have skill sets to work
in-country within a defined market sector and category
- Prioritize strategic sourcing activities in conjunction with regional sourcing teams and business stakeholders
- Ensure that group strategies are delivered with appropriate levels of execution at the local level
- Ensure that sourcing synergies are leveraged across the Region to the benefit of the country locally
that appropriate governance & risk management models are deployed
locally in line with the Absa Sourcing Control & Risk Framework
30% Commercial Accountabilities
Sourcing team at senior business level, working in conjunction with
country leadership team to gain support for sourcing recommendations and
more broadly act as a trusted commercial adviser.
processes and governance, which exploit commercial synergies and risk
management including the need for collegiate working across Central
- Provide senior level input to the negotiations with suppliers and chosen service providers, where required
- Co-ordinate and deliver the in-country cost saving Sourcing targets
- Oversee the application of sourcing and supplier management governance at all levels of the business
- Understanding of business objectives and strategies
the development of robust benefits recording, cluster MI, and target
market analysis to support the realization of significant value from
- Lead the in-country sourcing team by developing objectives and coach through delivery
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
30% Leadership and Management Accountabilities
- Support Regional Category teams in establishing and deploying the category initiatives at a local level.
manage and develop direct reports to achieve high performance. Agree
challenging performance and development objectives providing regular
feedback and coaching to ensure performance is maximized and
- Provide clarity of direction and focus to team
members and demonstrate appropriate leadership and management
disciplines and behaviors to achieve Business goals.
- Manage team
performance, undertaking regular individual reviews to reflect
achievements against targets/ behavior and agree the way forward
including training and development.
- Ensure Personal Development
Plans are complete, training plans executed, and that training
effectiveness is monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Provide active leadership and support across wider commercial community within the Bank to enable effective team performance.
- Support and contribute to team building and team dynamics through personally demonstrating leadership and team attributes.
- Champion new ways of working with own team and wider community, ensuring new ways of working and cultural changes are embedded.
- Develop clear stakeholder maps and effective governance matrix (responsibility / accountability).
- Develop prioritized sourcing activity schedule with strategic sourcing.
- Develop clear understanding of cost: income ration dynamics across E2E value streams.
- Ensure cluster adherence to Group Sourcing Framework (SSMP).
- Consolidate cluster reporting on Compliance, Risk and Financial Performance.
- Own, communicate, cascade and follow-up of sourcing performance scorecard across cluster.
- Establish appropriate policies e.g. Demand Management, Travel etc.
25% Deliver service excellence to our clients
queries received are processed and any pending queries are escalated to
the line manager with reason for not being able to accomplish.
- Ensure supplier complains are handled according to laid down procedures on complaint handling.
- Eliminate stakeholder’s complaint on slow responsiveness of sourcing
- Sensitize the business and functions on the sourcing process
- Emphasize and attend supplier performance review meetings scheduled on monthly and quarterly basis
- improvement of customer satisfaction survey by 10%
- 100 % projects completed on time
- Work closely with procurement hub in all the deals that has been assigned to hub
closely with supplier managers to receive the Supplier management
outputs, such as vendor’s performance, business requirements, and
supplier meeting minutes.
- Support and work as team with supplier
relationship managers and all other business stakeholders in carrying
out the sourcing activity to close all gaps in suppliers’ documents
- Ensure all records for each engagement are recorded in supplier soft and hard copy files.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
15% Staff Management
- Ensure implementation of PDs (including PD plans) for all team members
- Help team members to identify strengths and weaknesses in their own skills and attributes, through regular review and feedback
- Review employees’ self- development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated
- Facilitate career growth for employees within the teams and provide necessary exposure
- Pro-actively manage staff performance
- Assist staff to meet Absa Behaviors standards
Risk and Control Objective
that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with
regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal
Absa Policies and Standards.
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your
business area and help to understand why these happened and how to
prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the
control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes
you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Technical skills / Competencies
- People and Capability
- Relationship/ Partnership Approach
- Vision and direction
- Communication/ Influence
- Customer/ Market Perspective
- Innovation and Change
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Good knowledge of appropriate commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to achieve best in class deals
- Good commercial contractual knowledge e.g., contract law, service level creation.
- Multi disciplinary team facilitation and leadership.
- Ability to develop innovative local sourcing strategies to maximize value and execute best in class deals.
- Analytical and financial understanding of service cost models and lifetime cost of acquisition.
- Supplier communications and management to achieve leading commercial solutions.
contract negotiation skills to tackle escalated issues with key
suppliers at Executive and Board level and develop win-win situations.
- Strong networking/stakeholder management skills at senior levels.
coaching and development skills.A sound understanding of the principles
and application of risk management (in terms of sourced solutions) and
commercial project management skills.
- Sound knowledge of Bank
financial approval processes including business case preparation, case
presentation to Governance committee and all relevant intermediary
- Broad range of experience across non-technology categories.
- Blue Chip relevant global expertise
Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the
actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the
performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
• I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
• I’m obsessed with customer
• I have an African heartbeat
• I believe our people are our strengths