Terms of Reference (ToR) for Trainer/Facilitator for
(Capacity Building Training for (KMEC) Kwarara Media Education Centre in Zanzibar)
Neighbors, Tanzania is a non-governmental organization established in
2005 to make the community place without hunger, where people live
together in harmony. Its head office is located in Tanzania Dar es
Salam. GNTZ’s main core values focus on responding to all calls for
help, regardless of ethnicity, religion, belief, or nationality,
prioritizing children’s rights, support the development of each person,
family and community in order to encourage independence.
Neighbors Tanzania, Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is implementing a
KOICA-funded project, “Enhancing Quality of Secondary Education through
Production of Radio Broadcasting Contents” briefly SRE-Project.
intends to use a part of the funding to conduct Capacity Building
Training for the employees of Kwarara Media Education Centre (KMEC).
KMEC is a semi-autonomous organ working under the Ministry of Education
and Vocational Training in Zanzibar. It is responsible for Producing and
broadcasting media content based on Education.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
has been working with KMEC in the implementation of the KOICA SRE
project, mostly producing and broadcasting education content. GNTZ
invites qualified individuals or companies to express an interest to
facilitate the training.
Thematic areas of the Training
1 Creativity and innovation in Media production.
2 Developing media advertisements, Media posts, and common vocabularies.
3 The creativity of setting in educational content production.
4 Design documents of the program.
5 Broadcasting Skills and Media Library.
6 News taking and processing.
7 Writing effective education scripts, especially for Mathematics and science subjects
Trainer/facilitator deliverables and obligation
The following are the expected deliverables of the trainer/facilitator:
- Work plan for developing the training, including strategy and proposed methodologies, as well as quality assurance plan;
- Developing training content for the participants
- Evaluation of the trainer/facilitator work, based on evaluation forms received from participants;
- Technical advice and support to participants during the training
- Providing TIN number before training and final report on the implementation of the tasks after finishing the training/workshops.
- Mode of payment is through bank transfer and Payment period will be after services
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,275 POSTS)
Competencies, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum university degree in relevant fields of Media production, Mass communication, journalism, etc.
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) experience in facilitating pieces training/workshops for organizations;
knowledge of educational content production, media management, and
Media in education and Prior experience working on educational projects
will be added advantage.
- Extensive experience in building capacities;
pronunciation level of professionalism and ability to work
independently and in high-pressure situations under tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including experience facilitation of training workshops and presentations;
and demonstrated broad knowledge of and ability to utilize principles,
methods, techniques, and systems of project management;
- Excellent communication and written skills in English.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Duration and time frame
The training will be conducted from the 20th Monday – the 24th Friday of February 2023 from 8 am to 4 pm. The time is subject to change.
Deadline and submission of expression of interest
: 10th February 2023.
GNTZ invites interested teams to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining how the trainer/facilitator meets the selection criteria and their understanding of the ToR.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
- Names and contacts of three recent professional referees (previous clients)
summarized description of the scope of work and the intended
methodology to be used as well as a tentative work plan including
activities and time frames.
- The interested individual/institute/company should mention Thematic Area/s which he/she is applying.
- Application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC Mudrikshaali@goodneighbors.or.tz or call (+255 682 033 135) with any questions.