Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), 2023
ADMINISTRATIVE AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Administrative and Operations Assistant at Habitat for Humanity February, 2023
for Humanity Tanzania (HFHT) is currently seeking to recruit an
Adminstrative and Operations Assistant to provide support to the
Tanzania National Office (NO)by managing daily logistics planning tasks
and assisting in providing admin support including documentation. The
ideal candidate will be well-versed in communication and will be able to
assertively tackle issues and handle them from start to finish.
Summary of key functions:
- Administrative and logistical support to the National Office Maintain office records
- Provide financial support
Reports to: Head of the HFHT National Office
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Roles And Responsibilities
and Logistical Support to the National OfficeEnsure that HFHT National
Office receives adequate administrative support such as processing
incoming and outgoing correspondence, drafting and typing letters, make
copies, prints and scans.
- Purchase requested material and ensure
that all purchases related to program activities and specific events
are done according to HFHT or HFHI’s policy as the case may be.
administrative support to programme and operations in the organization
of events, meetings and workshops, etc. including preparing presentation
material/slides in Power-point for presentations and keep all papers
ready for meetings.
- Plan for, obtain and manage venues, finalize
menus and transport arrangements for meetings organized by the HFHT
including Board meetings.
- Make travel arrangements and bookings,
including preparation of travel requisitions and claims; research and
obtain visas; produce detailed individual itineraries for participants
and program staff at management level, purchase of tickets when
- Manage the records for travel, passports, permits, pictures, travel preferences and more.
- Link up with Internet service providers and ensure connectivity at all times
the Organisation Executives’ agenda, schedule meetings and other
business-related activities as well as make travel.Documentation,
archiving and filing:Plan, develop and sets-up document and filing
systems: filing of documents, records management, communications
(telephone, correspondence), supplies and Program documentation
- Create and maintain files of
correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and
ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic
copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Take and distribute minutes, agendas during Board and other meetings to the relevant target group.
- Manage the frequent updating of contacts, mailing groups and such.
Board documents including Minute Book is updated at all times.Financial
Management SupportTo update HFHT Financial transactions records and
ensure they are current at any given time during the contract period.
- To support in entering /recording financial data to the SUN system, TRA and other financial systems.
- To reconcile all ledger quarterly.
- To Reconcile all Bank Accounts of HFHT
- To support processing of payments when needed
ensure that Statutory deductions including Withholding taxes and others
are remitted with the relevant authorities, and certificates are issued
support in processing and paying annual statutory fees to the Registrar
of NGOs, post box rental fee and webhosting charges to the ISP
- To support in processing payments including through internet banking.
support Auditors and ensure that they have everything needed to
complete the audit, production of the final Audited Report and entering
data into the TRA portal.
- To support financial records keeping including making sure that all financial records are properly filed
- To prepare quarterly financial reports and submit to management and/or present to the Board as may be required
- To provide support and advice in financial related matters as may arise, including supporting Board Committee on Finance.
- To support on preparations of Annual Budgeting using HFHI Template and upload to the SharePoint
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required skills and experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, Public Administration,
Programme management, or related field is required, or additional five
(5) years of relevant experience to the post, beyond the requirement.
- Demonstrable minimum of 5 (five) years of professional/academic experience in projects/programmes management on related themes
Ability to write clearly and effectively; listen to others, interpret
messages correctly and respond appropriately; show openness in
information sharing and keep everyone informed;
Ability to work with teams, demonstrate leadership, conflict management
and consensus facilitation skills; ability to work in a multicultural
environment, and to respect diversity; willingness and ability to work
in difficult environments.
- Previous experience with social media management is an asset;
- Previous experience with donor funded organisations/NGOs is an asset.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
computer skills Microsoft Office package, Google package (Gmail, Drive,
Docs, Sheets, Forms) and Web search engines is required;
- Good handling of technological tools and use of software and online platforms is desirable;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
How to apply
and interested candidates should submit a motivation letter and and
updated CV with three referees(as one document) in English to AFRNairobiinfo@habitat.org
Deadline: Closing date for applications is 28th February 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.