|Danish Refugee Council|
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Danish Refugee Council (DRC), 2023
💥 Team Leader – Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Job title: Team Leader – Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Employment category: G
Reporting to: GBV Protection Coordinator
Location: Duty Station: Kibondo/Kasulu
Overall purpose of the role:
The Team Leader-Gender Based Violence (GBV works as part of DRC’s team
under the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator and guidance
support of the Protection Manager. The role is based in Kasulu/Kibondo
and shall conduct regular field visits to the host villages near by
Nyarugusu and Nduta refugee camp.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
The Team Leader-Gender Based Violence (GBV) will oversee the overall
day to day of GBV prevention and response interventions, including case
management/psychosocial support, Women/Men protection and empowerment,
community mobilization for GBV prevention within and outside the camp,
capacity building and coordination with other sectors and actors.
The GBV Team Leader will provide supervision, mentoring/coaching for
team members to ensure that the goals and objectives of the program are
met in a timely and effective manner, that the approach to program
implementation is participatory, that team members receive appropriate
support and that a positive team spirit is fostered, encouraging
innovative and quality programming.
The Team Leader – Gender Based Violence, in coordination and cooperation with the program staff, is expected to contribute to:
• Supervise members in team
• Deliver technical support and guidance to team
• Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up
of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by
• Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of
concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support
adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
• Mobilize stakeholders to participate in GBV coordination and risk mitigation meetings.
• In collaboration with Protection Coordinator and Protection
Manager, promote and represent the interests of the GBV program with
regards to all relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in the development of proposals, concepts note, and budget as requested.
• Participate/support in risk reduction activity and the
identification of risks to women, men, boys and girls in assigned
refugee camp and host community, by carrying out regular GBV safety
audits situational analysis and consultations with women, men, boys and
girls and identify trends and changes in the context important for
consideration in risk reduction activities.
and facilitate trainings and workshops on gender and GBV related issues
for implementing partners, MHA, DRC staff, UNHCR, women’s groups,
refugee community leaders, religious leaders, youth groups, NGO workers
and any other identified groups
• In collaboration with M&E
department, participate in GBV rapid assessment and/or other GBV program
related-assessment, and contribute to the GBV overall intervention
strategy based on feedback received from women, men, boys and girls
throughout community mobilization and engagement.
• Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
• Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
• Coordinate and monitor the overall implementation of GBV program
activities in the camp/host communities based on established indicators,
including collecting and analyzing data and information for reporting.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
• Supervise and support the day to day activities including case
management/psychosocial support, follow-up and advocacy to meet
beneficiaries’ needs, community mobilization to prevent GBV risks, build
community capacity to prevent and respond to GBV incidents; Provide
on-going direct supervision to GBV staff, including assisting in the
development of individual work plans for GBV staff.
• Support GBV
officer and Assistant to develop and monitor program plans, including
activity, procurement and spending related to GBV prevention and
• Work with GBVIMS officer to ensure safe
and ethical GBV data collection and sharing based on agreed procedures
• Work with GBVIMS officer to make sure the GBVIMS/ GBV proGreV4 module is updated and shared with relevant stakeholders.
• Conduct regular meetings with team members and community members
to assess progress toward objectives, discuss issues and assist in
finding solutions to challenges identified.
• Ensure timely submission of activity reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and ensure proper filing.
Programming & Operations
• Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
• Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
• Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
• Take initiative on procurement, working with Protection
Coordinator and Protection Manager and Supply chain to ensure smooth
procurement process and correct use of budget spending.
Coordination and representation
• Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
• Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
• Ensure integration with other DRC sectors, such as Camp
Coordination and Camp Management livelihoods, WASH, and General Food
• Asist in developing project plans and budgets for funding
• Work with Protection Coordinator to develop projects tools
• Project implementation and reporting
• Work with MEAL department to monitor and evaluate project
• Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures
against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
• Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
• Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
• Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
• Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in protection, preferably with
experience in the field of humanitarian responses in refugee protection,
working for International organization, UN agency, relevant ministry or
• Commitment to learning and implementing
organizational policies and procedures and demonstrated organizational
skills and ability to work in complex and difficult circumstances.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft offices like Ms. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in implementing Gender Based Violence, Case management, referral related activities and awareness is desirable
• Field experience in emergency context is highly desirable
• High level of personal initiative, analytical skills and pro-active problem solving.
• Demonstrated people’s management skills. Strong interpersonal
skills and ability to develop and maintain working relationships across
• Cultural sensitivity, and commitment and understanding of the values of DRC. Good communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science, Gender and
Development, Social science studies and other relevant fields in well
recognized college or university (preferred)
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☐ ☒
Collaborating ☐ ☐ ☒
Taking the lead ☐ ☐ ☒
Communicating ☐ ☐ ☒
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☒ ☐
• Good proficiency in written and spoken English, and Swahili. Kirundi is an added advantage
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
• DRC programme staff (protection and others)
• Refugees and donors
• Local Government and host Community representatives.
• Referral partners
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
Application due: 12/8/2022
Contract type: National contract
Application and CV
motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the
required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Job.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 01st January, 2023.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Providing equal opportunities
are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment
based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered
for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and
appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique
skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested
candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards
capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s
and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to
uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
Deadline: 01st January, 2023.