Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at mothers2mothers (m2m), 2022
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African Primary Health Care
organisation that employs women living with HIV as community health
workers across 10 African nations. These “Mentor Mothers” deliver
integrated health services at clinics and in communities to ensure
everyone, everywhere has access to the services they need to be healthy
and stay in care. Over the next five years, this proven, peer-led model
is being scaled up to double down on ending HIV, as well as to tackle
new health challenges and reach more people—all with the aim of building
a fairer, healthier future. The
employment of local women as community health workers means that we are
delivering a model that prioritises healthcare for families who need it
most, delivered by women who know them best.
Since its creation in 2001, m2m has created jobs for nearly 12,000
women living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa and, together, they have
reached over 15M people with critical health services and education. In
2021, m2m reached over 1.6M people across 10 African nations, including
402,616 adolescents (ages 10-19)—51% more than the year before. m2m also
advanced the Global Goals of ending HIV/AIDS by 2030—by achieving
virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV among its
enrolled clients for the eighth consecutive year, and meeting all of the
ambitious UNAIDS Fast-Track Targets among its clients four years ahead
of the 2026 target date. For more information, visit www.m2m.org.
Strategic Information Officer
Organisation Levels mothers2mothers -> m2m Tanzania -> Operations
Location Morogoro – Morogoro, TZ (Primary)
Type of position Fixed Term Contract
overall purpose of the position is to support the quality assurance and
quality improvement of all the monitoring and evaluation activities of
the Tanzania Country Programme. The position will support key routine
assignments such as ensuring site level data quality and management,
which include ensuring that site staff are using standard data
collection tools, support routine data collection, data entry, data
analysis, and data reporting. The SI Officer will be required to
understand the entire m2m programme in order to easily identify errors
and inconsistencies in data. The SI Officer will report to the PMTCT
Technical Specialist, and will be based in Morogoro.
Key Performance Areas:
- Collaborate with site Coordinators to ensure that all sites have latest data collection tools i.e. Facility, Community etc.
- Work with Programme Specialist and Site Coordinators to ensure data is entered in real-time from sites.
- Weekly review data to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Generate data reports based on entered data on a periodic basis and as required.
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorized members.
- Ensure receipt of all monthly M&E and other reporting forms from all sites.
- Support data management in relation to periodic evaluations and operations research
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Data quality monitoring
- Monitor site level data quality using standard checklist.
- Coach and mentor site and partner staff on data quality.
- Participate in routine data compilation, monthly, quarterly and annually whenever necessary.
in implementation of all M&E activities; development of tools,
capacity building, site supervision, data collection and reporting.
data to ensure completeness and accuracy in data entry, follow up on
missing data and data reporting forms, and implement data quality
- Work with M&E
colleagues to provide relevant data and information required to develop
proposals, compile donor reports, and head office reports.
- Provide data and information whenever required to document lessons learned and special reports.
- Maintain filling system to ensure secure and organized storage of site reporting forms and other related M&E documents.
- Coordinate the supply, production, and distribution of printed M&E tools for all m2m sites in Tanzania.
- Assist the Tanzania Country Team as required including running reports of data used for programme review and planning.
with training sessions of site staff on data documentation, indicators,
monthly data compilation and data quality check techniques.
on site supportive supervision visits to identify gaps and challenges
faced by site staff and offer onsite training, mentoring and support for
improved data collection and management.
- Collaborate with the country team to formulate rollout plans for new data collection tools.
- Facilitate M&E training components during pre-service training and in-service training
relationship with MOHCDGEC and other partners at municipal, regional,
and national level to ensure access to other alternative data sources.
with other PEPFAR USAID Implementing partners to share key lessons and
good practices for improved data collection and management.
- Engage with PEPFAR / USAID M & E teams for improved data management and quality assurance/quality improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. public health, statistics, or demography)
- At least two years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
experience in managing and processing data, including conducting data
quality audits in the health sector, experience with HIV/AIDS programmes
- Experience building capacity of programme staff to use data for decision making
- Computer skills and experience using MS Excel, Outlook and Access are a requirement
- Knowledge of DHIS2, Commcare, SPSS, Epi info, Epi-data or Stata packages (at least one of these)
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to concentrate on detail for long periods of time
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to deliver accurate work
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver to deadline
- Possess good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of digital health platforms such as CommCare , DHIS2, DATIM
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel and Access
is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage
applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with
disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive
salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration
an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications
from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities,
women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages
will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Closing Date 10/2/2023.