Precision Air Services Plc is a fast-growing
private Tanzanian airline that operates in Partnership with Kenya
Airways, with its strategy to expand wings beyond East Africa and
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our
customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from
suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
POSITION: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT
configure, support monitor and manage Precision Air’s local and wide
area networks ensuring that the company LAN and WAN infrastructure
availability is optimized at all times and secured.
work with network service providers in logical design, configuration
and implementation of LANS and WANs, ensuring vendor proposed solutions
are implemented within agreed design specifications and optimized to the
- Work with system administrators and Business
Analysts in data traffic routing so as to ensure installed networks
efficiently and effectively manage network bandwidths and application
- Diagnose network bottlenecks identifying fault root
causes and implement solutions which will ensure maximum availability
and optimal performance of LANs and WANs.
- To work with the
network service providers to ensure that wired and wireless network
services both internal and external are working at agreed SLAs and
liaise with them to resolve incidents and problem as necessary
- To design and implement appropriate redundant traffic routings where appropriate, cost effective, and necessary
- To liaise effectively with all outstations to ensure that network solutions are implemented within the company standards.
appraise and monitor entire network performance and recommend new
proposals for networking and communications technologies to improve
services reliability, cost efficiency, and better support business.
- Participate in the formulation and updating of network standards and perform all implementations within the set standards.
- Maintain and update well-documented technical details on all services links to ensure easy information access by stakeholder.
technical documentations for network infrastructure solutions, network
security solutions and maintenance of related equipment, appliance
inventories and deployed solutions.
- Identifying, monitoring and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
- Maintain firewalls, VPNs, web and email security protocols, perimeter security, network access controls, end point security.
periodic testing of the organization’s network and systems from a
security point of view.Be aware of the latest threats in the
cybersecurity domain to guide and advise the organization regarding the
up-gradation of systems.
- Conduct research and make
recommendations on network security products, services, protocols and
standards in support of network security continuous improvements. And
configuring enterprise-wide security in firewalls, routers and switches.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Level of availability of network infrastructure within set standards to support the business.
- Timely resolution of service faults within agreed SLAs.
- Timely implementations of new network system across the airline within budget and meeting set business objectives.
- Easily accessible and understandable documentation of the entire network infrastructure.
- Proactive reporting of network availability and performance.
- Self-starter and proactive
- Working with deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Telecommunication engineering or related field.
- At least five years of experience in network and infrastructure in a busy commercial organization.
industry certification in networking technologies and security,
preferably Cisco CCNP Enterprise, Cisco CCNP Enterprise, Cisco CCNP
- Knowledge in routers, firewalls, switches configuration and troubleshooting.
in analysing, testing, and evaluating networks to make sure that they
run properly and that they have the resources necessary for smooth
- Knowledge in network security including
architecture and configuration of Cisco routers, firewalls, and a wide
range of security products.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong skills in routing and switching.
- Communication and customer service skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Not later than 31st January 2023
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your application and CV to the
address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770 Dar es Salaam Tanzania