|Danish Refugee Council|
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Danish Refugee Council (DRC), 2023
💥 Finance Specialist Re-advertisement
Contract Type National contract
Job Title: Finance Specialist
Employment category: G2
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Technical management: Head of support services
Location: Kibondo (with frequent field visits)
Start Date: Asap
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Overall purpose of the role:
This is a senior Finance position for an experienced person with the
ability to look at the bigger picture while being able to deliver
hands-on results. In support of the Finance Manager, the Area based SMT
and the Area Manager support the DRC operations within Tanzania (Kigoma
region) with a key focus on the Accountancy including assessing the
reliability of the financial control systems as a whole. This position
identifies and implements measures needed to ensure that the financial
systems are functioning at the desired levels of efficiency,
effectiveness, accountability and compliance.
This role has an area
office focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines set
at HQ and Regional Office levels and within the country, as well as
compliance with relevant Tanzania Laws and regulations (NSSF, Taxation,
Labour Law). The role contributes to the development of strategies,
which are translated into SOPs. The role subsequently ensures compliance
with these SOPs. The role provides support and/or technical guidance
to country operations.
and validation of financial records for compliance with DRC’s Operations
Handbook and donor policies and procedures for all support units
(supply chain, HR, finance, and admin).
• Review and validation
of project financial reports for compliance with DRC’s Operations
handbook and donor policies and procedures (ie: budget flexibility,
eligible costs, report format, etc) prior submission to HQ and donors.
• Be the focal point person for the Tanzania Master budget, meaning
updating this in consultation with finance manager and HOSS, presenting
this on a quarterly basis and ensuring it is constantly updated.
Lead the process of submitting Financial Statements on an annual
basis, liaising with the audit firm and RO/HQ to ensure All information
is accurate, complete and in full compliance with Tanzanian rules and
• Implement recommendations of the tax compliance self-check to ensure full compliance with Tanzanian Law.
• Draft, review, and validation of budget proposals prior submission to HQ for approval.
• Responsible and ensure on-time creation of project set-up in the
DRC ERP System called Dynamics, budget forecast, and/or budget
• Serve as the focal point for project specific
external audits and follow up in coordination with the Finance Manager.
Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation
with Coordination staff and HQ is available.
• Review and monitor
completion of month end tasks by all area offices and country office.
Follow up and monitor monthly reconciliation overviews of balance sheet
• Responsible for regular quality check of payment
requests/ financial documents prior to payment and providing colleagues
with clear feedback / guidance on improvement of systems.
Monitor use of internal controls and provide guidance to strengthen
them, validate and review compliance self-checks and follow up on action
• Develop innovative compliance self-checks and
collaborate with the Regional Office to ensure that areas of poor or
weak controls are controlled by implementing new policies and checks on a
• Prepare internal control review reports; keep
up to date on donor compliance rules, regulations, and DRC’s Operations
Handbook policies and procedures.
• Promote general awareness on internal controls by both Finance, Supply Chain, and Program staff alike.
• Identify risks and develop/ improve internal control systems to reduce the associated risks
• Review of donor reports for accuracy, compliance with donor
requirements and timeliness before submission to RO and HQ for review.
• Provide training for finance staff when needed/requested on DRC’s
ERP system Dynamics and/or other DRC Operations Handbook policies and
• Serve as focal point for local partners, review
financial report and provide training to partners on budget preparation
and financial reporting.
• Serve as finance focal point for
Consortium projects. Closely coordination for budget development,
review, financial report and project audit.
• Support the Finance
Manager and Area Manager with development of SOPs and localized
policies as needed based on identified gaps in organizational policies
or based on local requirements.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Experience and Technical Competencies:
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 5 years of
experience in a relevant field. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• A Master’s Degree or advanced professional qualification in Finance or similar sector.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in compliance functions in the finance field at a similar level position.
• If not compliance related experience, at least 5 years working in Finance field (general).
• Experience working for a large INGO, with in depth knowledge of INGO rules, regulations, policies and, and procedures.
• Experience and expertise in the use of financial system software, preferably a Microsoft ERP system.
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or International Development
• Certification of CA, ACCA or CPA is mandatory
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
• English (Fluent)
• Kiswahili (Fluent)
• CD, Finance manager, HOSS and AM
• Finance and programme teams
• Support Services Team
• DRC RO and HQ Team
• Government of Tanzania Authorities
Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☐ ☒
Collaborating ☐ ☐ ☒
Taking the lead ☐ ☐ ☒
Communicating ☐ ☐ ☒
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Providing equal opportunities
are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment
based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered
for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and
appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique
skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested
candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards
capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s
and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to
uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
Deadline: 09 Feb 2023.