FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition,
Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth,
Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 60 countries.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
locations Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
time type Full time
job requisition id Requisition – 2023200107
we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Senior Grants
and Compliance Officer – Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year
global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service
delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant
management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding,
prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be
implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority
populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and
vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of
reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support
targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level
amongst the targeted populations.
Senior Grants and Compliance Officer (GCO) will Lead the administration
and management of all subawards and procurement functions (consultants,
services and supplies) for the EpiC Tanzania project, with a focus on
ensuring compliance to USG, PEPFAR and FHI 360 rules and regulations.
They will monitor workflows and help to develop and implement systems to
provide sound management, control and compliance with procurement,
award terms and conditions as per FHI360 policy and will support
sub-awardees in the establishment and/or strengthening of their own
internal compliance systems to build capacity for USG fund management
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
and apply funding regulations to ensure that all procedures for
procurement, subaward management and auditing are met; ensure that
adequate records and audit trails are maintained.
- Manage all
subaward work processes, including review and some negotiation of
proposed instruments, developing and implementing procedures to ensure
compliance with EpiC award terms and standardized procedures and FHI 360
- Coordinate the development, modification and close-out
of all subawards to ensure that adequate records and audit trails are
- Manage and maintain subaward documentation and input/maintain information in FHI 360’s subaward tracking system.
- Facilitate the expedited review of subaward implementation activities and other contractual arrangements.
implement and monitor subaward monitoring plans with each sub-awardee
and conduct or follow-up on site visits to ensure and support ongoing
compliance with subaward terms and conditions and strengthen capacity of
- Conduct periodic on-site audit of sub-awardees to verify ongoing compliance with sub-award terms and conditions.
consultant requests for completeness and accuracy; support the
development of consultancy scopes, contracts and modifications, ensuring
compliance to FHI 360 policies.
- Review consultant invoices and
timesheets before forwarding the documents to finance for payments.
Includes contract administration activities for contracts and assists in
the monitoring of contractor’s performance, approval of progress
payments, verification of deliveries, and similar activities.
- Update the FHI 360 consultancy database with new agreements, modification and other information.
- Maintain productive working relationships with EpiC staff in HQ, staff within other implementing partners and USAID.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for Agreements management.
compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by
enforcing adherence to requirements; with financial aspects of contract
requirements including liability, property, and other insurance matters,
and audit requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/LLB) with 5-7 years of experience with
subaward administration and compliance for USG-funded projects
(USAID/PEPFAR preferred); or master’s degree with 3-5 years of
experience with subaward administration and/or compliance for USG-funded
- Strong working knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with federal OMB (Office of Management and Budget) circulars
- Experience working in an international NGO environment is desirable.
with Tanzanian public health sector, non-governmental organizations
(NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Tanzania is highly
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience managing large volumes of high value subawards with local partners
- Experience with Sub Award Tracking system (SAT) a plus.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an
efficient manner with minimal supervision, manage high volume of
- Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports.
to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a
multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
How to Apply:
360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may
apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae
(CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of
three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither
prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry
out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to
review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any
person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin,
age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,
professional development and policies and programs that support a
healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive
difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.