|Embassy of Sweden|
Program Manager – Social Protection at Embassy of Sweden Dar Es Salaam January, 2023
Embassy is responsible for representing and promoting Swedish interests
in Tanzania and has approximately 40 employees. The overall tasks of
the Embassy include supporting business and trade, development
cooperation as well as consular and visa services.
The strategy for Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania 2020 – 2024 focuses on four results areas i.e.
- Democracy, the rule of law, human rights and gender equality;
- Inclusive economic development;
- Environment, climate and energy
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Program Manager – Social Protection
would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates
for the position of Program Manager – Social Protection. In close
cooperation with colleagues, you will contribute to achieve the overall
objective of Swedish development cooperation of supporting people in
poverty and under oppression to improve their living conditions in
Tanzania. We strive to support change through a holistic
multi-dimensional perspective on poverty. Follow-up and close
cooperation with partner organisations are also at the core of our
We are looking for a new person to welcome to our team
that has good ability to collaborate and build trusting relationships
with colleagues and external partners. You also need to have the ability
to lead yourself by self-sustaining, taking initiatives and pushing
issues forward. To succeed in this role, you should have the ability to
communicate effectively. Finally, it is important to be flexible;
solution- oriented and capable of handling the unpredictable.
Duties and responsibilities:
main responsibilities for this position involves following up on the
Productive Social Protection Programme (PSSN-II), which is a nationwide
program implemented by Tanzania Social Acton Fund (TASAF). Sweden is one
of the largest contributing partners to PSSN II. In addition to
bilateral funding, the Embassy oversees delegated funds from European
Union in Tanzania to PSSN II. This entails:
- A close
engagement with TASAF to follow up on program component plans and agreed
actions to strengthen the overall implementation of the programme but
also with a specific focus on the gender action plan or communities’
- Provide advisory support on social protection to
Swedish embassies in East Africa and Southern Africa with social
- Contribute to internal learning and
capacity building on social protection within the Swedish International
Development Agency (SIDA), in cooperation with Sida’s informal network
for social protection.
- Provide advisory support on social
protection to Swedish Embassies in Africa with social protection
programmes. This may include support and advice in the entire strategy
and contribution management process, e.g. in the appraisal of new
programs, follow-up, dialogue and evaluation.
- Be an active team member at the Embassy contributing to the overall responsibilities of the Embassy.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,184 POSTS)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate degree in economics, social science, development studies or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the area of social protection systems.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Skills in Swahili and Swedish is a merit
- Knowledge of social protection programmes in Tanzania or other African countries.
- Experience of working in International development cooperation or an international organisation.
- Knowledge on the policy making process in Tanzania, preferably on social protection issues.
- Knowledge on the body of research, including evidence on the impact of social protection programmes for Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Knowledge on gender issues and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience of working on internal capacity building, learning and knowledge sharing.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
How to Apply:
you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us one
attachment having your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application
letter explaining your suitability for the job. Please, do not include
your certificates. Write “PM-SP” in your e-mail subject line.
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited
The deadline is on 8th February 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.