- Mbeya, TZ
- Logistics and Customer Service
Fulfilment Centre Supervisor
(“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across
Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are
East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by
our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal
retailers across seven countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ivory
Coast, Senegal and Zambia) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods
and receive working capital financing.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only
channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600
billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass,
distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size
spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer
eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for
building the plumbing for digital and consumer
commerce across Africa.
is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics
network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to
serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We
are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers,
initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other
tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
Location: Mbeya, Tanzania
Reporting into: Branch Warehouse Manager
Fulfilment at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and
people-focused business. We believe in the motto “We win through our
You will support and manage the Logistics team members in a
branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain
their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure
that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets,
SOP and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a
difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference … we are looking for you.
Direct Reports: 3
If this sounds like a team you would like to join… Keep reading.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage change processes
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of resourcefulness, creativity, ingenuity, and empathy
- Subject matter expert in troubleshooting and solving complex or process-related inventory management issues
- Experience to build a fulfilment centre with world-class safety and health policies, procedures, standards and culture
of best practices in managing B2B or B2C inbound, outbound, sortation
and QC teams and processes in a scale business environment..
are a leader. Your top priority is to make sure all Logistics employees
at the branch have what they need to do their tasks 110% of the
timeWhat tool(s) do they need to function?
- Do they have any blockages? Help them to remove these blockages
- Compliance? Policy, SOPs and work instructions are aligned to the operations
- Self-service data? Empower them to make decisions based on data while they do their jobs
- Simplify the way our employees work – the goal is to get more for less (efficiency, productivity, etc.)
operational KPIs are met and exceeded and the business has visibility
on the performance of the branchDrive teams to achieve consistent
delivered in full on time (DIFOT)
- Ensure inventory accuracy and receivables is maintained above 99% of the time
- Live by the principle of “The Customer is King” to ensure world-class customer service
fulfilment centre costs per order – invest in continuous improvements
to increase warehouse picker efficiency and reduce cost per pick, and
forward plan to sweat vehicles as much as possible on every trip
warehouse locations and their capacities are accurately updated in the
WMS, with all necessary notifications to upstream and downstream
customers made in a timely manner and feedback provided to stakeholders
almost immediately when changes occur to avoid overstocks, stock-outs or
- Assist all inventory movement staff and the
inventory team in assessing inventory inaccuracies and recommend
corrective actions needed to support continuous process improvement and
- Conduct employee performance appraisals, individual development plans, and succession plan to ensure business continuity
time in training a new generation of strong people ready to take on new
challenges and opportunities while maintaining the same level of
excellence in execution
- Create and foster an environment that
promotes integrity, accountability and a winning attitude while
providing a safety net for our employees to thrive, have fun and grow.
- Ability to lead, coach and train employees
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Goal-oriented, assertive and a practical problem solver
in Supply chain, Transport & Logistics, Business Operations,
Business Administration, or similar. An Advanced diploma in the same
with at least 3 years of experience in last mile logistics can be
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics
(transport best practises and processes – prior experience working with
Manhattan or equivalent highly desirable).
MODE OF APPLICATION: