- Arusha, TZ
- Logistics and Customer Service
(“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across
Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are
East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by
our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal
retailers across seven countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ivory
Coast, Senegal and Zambia) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods
and receive working capital financing.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only
channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600
billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass,
distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size
spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer
eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for
building the plumbing for digital and consumer
commerce across Africa.
is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics
network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to
serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We
are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers,
initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other
tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We
believe in the motto ‘We win through our people.’
You will support
and manage the Logistics team members in a branch, ensuring they have
everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of
performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational
activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOP and company
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a
difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference … we are looking for you.
Reporting into: Transport Supervisor, (Branch)
If this sounds like a team, you would like to join… Keep reading.
● Ability to communicate at all levels
● Ability to manage change processes
● You can work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
● Subject matter expert in transport management, forward and reverse logistics, capacity and route planning
● Demonstrates an exceptional level of resourcefulness, creativity, ingenuity, and empathy
● Knowledge of best practices in managing B2B or B2C end-to-end transport processes.
Experience to build last-mile transport capability with world-class
safety and health policies, procedures, standards and culture.
● Manage wave scheduling, dispatch and routing
● Interpreting information from various stakeholders to determine the best course of action to promote delivery success
● Continuous training, monitoring, and coaching of 3PL delivery representatives/drivers
● Provide telephone support to drivers for reported emergencies and provide appropriate resources to assist with problems
Develop a strong geographic understanding of operating markets, as well
as the mix of business in each location and the individual driver
● Communicate information and instructions to drivers
(schedules, route changes, road conditions, accidents, emergencies,
etc.) informing them of a variety of situations that may impact their
scheduled services or deliveries
● Constantly verify the status of
the capacity in your driver fleets to understand your coverage options
before orders come into the system, not reacting to orders as they are
● Review driver route plans at the end of the day to ensure
that reasons for failed deliveries are handled by the correct department
and that recommendations made are linked to continuous customer service
● Conduct route check-ins to ensure all
information on product labels is accurate and complete when sorted to
● Complete pre-screening calls for drivers before the start of operations or shift change to confirm availability
Proactively tracking drivers throughout the day using GPS and
dispatching tools, and contacting them by phone at regular intervals to
ensure on-time delivery
● Work closely with the customer support
team to ensure proactive communication with customers regarding
delivery-related issues, questions, or clarifications
detailed information for delivery agents/drivers’ arrival and departure
times and proof of failed delivery in real-time as they are completed
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,563 POSTS)
Relevant tertiary education i.e. HND or B.Sc. in Supply Chain,
Logistics, Transportation Management, Procurement, Business Development,
Statistics or Engineering
● 2+ years’ experience in directly and indirectly managing people to deliver continuous improvement results
You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (transport best
practices and processes – prior experience working with Loginext or
equivalent highly desirable).
MODE OF APPLICATION: