GLAMI mentors secondary
school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into
confident leaders, and transform their own lives and their communities.
We equip girls to overcome challenges and reach their full potential
because educated girls create lasting positive change. The outcome is
proactive, resilient, and socially-responsible girls who secure better
jobs, raise healthier families, and increase the standing of women in
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (1 POST, ARUSHA/KILIMANJARO REGION)
primary responsibility of this position will be to provide leadership
on planning and managing organization’s financial and administrative
resources. This Manager will be responsible for overseeing the
organization’s financial management, reporting, and forecasting, as well
as its national administrative activities. The Manager will also
oversee the planning, training, quality control, and monitoring of the
administration staff as well as to provide technical assistance to the
rest of the staff in implementing and complying with financial and
administrative procedures, to ensure compliance with regulations.
Finance and Administration Manager is a full-time renewable contract
position with GLAMI Tanzania, reporting to the GLAMI Director of
Operations. This position will serve three regions, Arusha Kilimanjaro
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare and manage the organization budgets and cash flow
the Organizations budget and ensure that the budget overruns do not
occur. This means coordinating with lower-level managers and employees
to verify that expenses are acceptable.
- Keep track of all spending and produce quarterly and yearly statements.
- Regularly update managers of other departments within an organization about the financial state of their departmental budgets.
with the finance and administration assistant to complete all
organizational bookkeeping, payroll, and financial record keeping, both
via QuickBooks and physical files.
- Provide assistance to other managers/staff in office and project budget preparation.
Prepare financial statements and other financial reports
financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate
monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
financial reporting materials for all funders and partner’s segments and
oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
financial records and backup documentation is ready and adequate for
internal and external audits and oversees regular internal audits and
end of year financial audits.
- Prepare and submit reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
Oversee the Finance and Administration Policies and Manage Risks
development, update and dissemination of all necessary policies,
procedures and internal controls for finance and administration.
compliance and consistency with the organization’s policies and
procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of the
agreements with funders and other partners across all regions.
- Participate in scheduled and random internal department audits and analyzing department financial data
and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and
the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes
- Ensure that the organization’s policies, procedures
and internal controls are relevant and compliant with requirements of
funders, local and national laws.
- Ensure that committees
(Finance, Human Resource, Procurement) for internal control are properly
constituted, meet regularly and their recommendations are implemented.
Manage the Procurement Process and Safeguard Organization’s Assets
- Develop and maintain an asset management system.Follow and enforce the organization’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Ensure an updated insurance policy for all organization’s assets at all times.
proper allocation of both financial and non-financial resources and
enforce the internal control put in place to control wastage/misuse.
Facilitate the implementation of the organizational activities
direct supervision and leadership to administration staff including
performance evaluations, regular feedback, and facilitation of training,
coaching and mentoring.
- Oversee travel arrangements for staff, both domestically and internationally;
- Manage all organizations offices to ensure a safe, healthy, and professional work environment.
IT systems, including hardware and software, to ensure strong
functionality to optimize staff efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate other departments in implementation of their activities.
have the right cultural fit to work with the team at GLAMI if you are
passionate about girls’ education and have a genuine desire to inspire
others and to act as a role model for Tanzanian girls
Female CPA (T) holder with a minimum of three years of experience in
accounting and finance (after being certified); Experience with
accounting for non-profits is an added advantage.
- Working experience with QuickBooks multi-currency accounting software.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives in challenging situations
- Excellent oral and written English and Kiswahili Language
- Knowledge of Tanzanian relevant legislation and accounting regulations.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (1 POST, ARUSHA/KILIMANJARO REGION)
position will be responsible for the Planning, Developing and Managing
the organization human resource.The Human Resources Manager will provide
leadership to in leading the Human Resources department for overall
management and implementation of GLAMI’s Human Resources Policies,
Procedures, Guidelines and Tools; and ensure compliance with Tanzania
labor laws. She will be the go-to person for all employee-related issues
and her main duties will involve managing activities such as job
design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management,
training & development and talent management. People are our most
important asset at GLAMI and this manager will be the one to ensure we
have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize
our established mission and objectives by promoting the organization’s
values and shaping a positive culture.
The Human Resource Manager
is a full-time renewable contract position with GLAMI Tanzania,
reporting to the GLAMI Director of Operations. This position will serve
three regions, Arusha Kilimanjaro and Morogoro.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
retain and develop talent
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which
may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job
applicants and negotiate contracts and salaries; collaborate with
departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Organize and conduct onboarding of new employees and
volunteers through training sessions, orientations, and the distribution
of informative materials
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s
human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current
and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession
- Spearhead internal staff communications, team-building and employee engagement activities.
Design and Implement the performance management system
- Oversee the performance management system and lead its processes.
and conduct staff training on the performance management system, the
set metrics and performance expectations for each employee.
- Monitor and develop staff performance throughout the year.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the performance evaluation process.
- Ensure communication and engagement of employees through proper processes of giving and receiving feedback.
Ensure compliance to HR Policies and Processes
- Create, update, and oversee the
implementation of HR practices within the organization to ensure high
employee retention and work satisfaction
- Ensure, file and update of
all staff personnel and statutory documents and ensure that all staff
information is properly kept, updated, and confidentiality maintained.
- Introduce workplace policies and communication channels that address employees’ and volunteers’ concerns and complaints.
employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution and act as
an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures to ensure equality,
fairness and compliance of legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Monitor changing employment and compensation regulations to ensure all HR practices are legally compliant
compliance with national and local employment laws and regulations, and
recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain
You have the right cultural fit to
work with the team at GLAMI if you are passionate about girls’ education
and have a genuine desire to inspire others and to act as a role model
for Tanzanian girls.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
- Bachelor’s degree
in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration, or related
field, with a minimum of three years of human resource management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including,
recruitment, compensation, performance management, safety, and employee
relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance
with Tanzania employment regulations Strong analytical and problem
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HR tools – HRIS Systems
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
positions are only open to Tanzania females. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Kisa Alumnae who have
successfully done a Leadership Immersion /2 Day Challenge are highly
encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
To apply, please submit a resume and a one page cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for application is 27th January, 2023.