|World Vision International|
locations Dar es Salaam Office, Tanzania
time type Full time
job requisition id R15462
over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most
vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We
help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places,
inspired by our Christian faith.
join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy
of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Support WVT to
develop and diversify Local resource Mobilization. (40%)
- Implement WVT
Local Resource Mobilization Strategy that includes securing new,
diverse, and additional resources for WVT in order to respond to WVT’s
- Conduct and develop a funding needs assessment for WVT.
research on potential local donors/partners such as trusts,
foundations, companies, and high-net-worth individuals. This includes
proactively identifying funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally
before they become public knowledge and constantly scanning the horizon,
networking and soliciting donor intelligence, and sharing information
on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus).
appealing proposals and concepts when needed to diverse sources,
including local development partners, corporate, government
philanthropists, and foundations.
- Produce Local Resource Mobilization
Plans as per stipulated periods and requirements. Includes close
working relations with the Finance team in the development of
appropriate investment required.
- Identify funding opportunities from
local donors including individuals, Private companies, corporate
companies, government, foundations, and local agencies.
positioning WVT as a trusted brand to partners through intervention by
using multi-media channels, national television, radio, newspapers, and
- Ensure effective communication and act as the WVT’s focal point for resource mobilization and sustainability activities.
with Partnership and compliance managers to conduct Due diligence
screening for recommended local donors to avoid accepting resources from
unethical local companies, individuals, and corporate companies that
engage in activities at odds with WVT organization values and mission.
- Increase of funding from different Local donor
Local fundraising process and develop new ideas to attract local
- Developing, managing, and updating local donors of WVT
databases to record their contacts and preference information;
Maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and
maximizing these relationships.
- Develop and Strengthen Partnerships
for Joint Proposal Writing, especially with credible organizations in
the country. Includes registering with relevant local fund-raising
- Working with the communication team to organize resource mobilization events, for example, Walk or run for water events.
staff capacity on local resource mobilization at all levels, including
the development of tools and skills to aid staff in local resource
mobilization. This will also include, internally building a case for
Local Resource Mobilization by sensitizing staff on the proposition for
mobilizing resources locally.
- Maintain relations with donors and
ensure they are consistently and timely informed on important
operational Issues. This includes effective communication with the
donor’s focal person and being WVT’s focal person for local resource
mobilization and sustainability activities.
- Map and engage strategic local partners in WVT area of competence.
- Strengthening the WVT brand locally as a key enabler of local resource development
- Acquire and maintain a pool of loyal donors for sustained program support
- Ensure the growth amount of resources raised locally for effective program implementation
closely with the communication department to Increased WVT brand
awareness locally, Increased the number of loyal donors (individuals and
institutions), and Increased resources raised locally.
closely with the communication team to establish a vibrant media
platform where WVT will showcase the essential work to local partners
which will help WVT to raise resources.
- Conducting assessment for the local fundraising to identify local opportunities.
- Organizing the meeting with a priority of Local fund-raising context
- Funding opportunities from local donors will be identified and raised.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
communication, Engagement with stakeholders and Local Donors (20%)
and manage fundraising communications campaigns, including the
development of campaign plans.
- Working close with the communication
department to develop and implement the digital marketing strategy and
communication plan for improved media visibility.
- Production and delivery of collateral, campaign rollout, donation processing, reporting and donor care.
the development of a rich content library including but not limited to
factsheets, videos, and personal. stories, statistics, infographics,
images, and other materials for use in both online and offline
- Develop, implement and drive organization-wide digital strategy, including the development of KPIs for Digital Marketing.
- communications, social media, and website.
- Lead development of channel strategies for communications via, website, social media and other digital channels.
with colleagues to develop strong integration between fundraising
communications and relationship-based fundraising strategies.
abreast of best practice developments in fundraising including
researching and activating emerging channels, and active engagement of
online media and influencers.
- Ensure branding, brand guidelines and
consistent tone and messaging are embedded throughout WVT marketing
activities and external communications, to continue building national
- Work with communication on designing, development
and delivery of digital communications, including but not limited to the
WVT website, digital communications (e-newsletters), and social media
- Develop and implement coordinated social media strategy and
align messaging, content and tone with broader WVT key messages and
- Deepen engagement with stakeholders and drive website
traffic from social media, including but not limited to: Facebook,
Twitter, LinkedIn, and Vimeo
- Identify influencers and new followers
across social media channels and develop appropriate engagement
strategies to leverage audience reach.
- Work with the communication
team to develop digital marketing activities and budget to maximize
performance and ROI including Google Adwords, Google Grants, and other
Social media advertising such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
the content creation, strategy, analysis, and reporting of the content
produced and contribute to the creation of marketing & fundraising
materials, brochures & publications.
- WVT visibility and relationship with donors and stakeholders.
formal and informal reports for Local Donors’ activities and share them
with management: (20%)
- Provide reports and updates on fundraising
activities and results to the management.
- Manage the processes of donation, receipting, communication updates and responding to donors in a timely manner.
- Keep and maintain records in the database and develop mechanisms to enable local grant tracking
- Manage local grant acquittal and reporting for all funds received from different channels.
- compliance with grant reporting requirements
- Work closely with the Finance team to prepare acquittal reporting
- The performance report will be produced and submitted to donors as well as Management.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in
private sector engagement and developing fund-raising strategy
- Experience in working with different media houses and social media engagement.
- Resource mobilization, understanding of the development sector, and grants management.
- A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporations and foundations.
- At least 2 years experience in NGO Sector.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, Good writing and editorial skills.
- Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
- Have high energy, the confident presenter who is able to engage people and get them to commit
- Funding/and or to partnering with WVT.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
degree in Social Science, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations,
Journalism, Business Administration, or a related field will be
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing online and offline fundraising/marketing campaigns.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local, national and international levels.
- Significant experience in working with government officials, the private sector, and local donors
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.On call 20%. An
office-based environment with frequent travel to the field and National
Office in Arusha. Furthermore, the position requires the ability and
willingness to travel domestically
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Highly effective people management skills.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other
key partners. Demonstrate leadership and team-building ability.
- Ability to teach others.
- Good planning and organizational skills
Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Direct reporting
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
All Decisions in the GAM department are escalated through GAM Director.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation
- for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only