|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) 2023
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita
Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an
international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with
operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is
situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania,
only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the
nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in
Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a
supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Career Opportunities: Supervisor – Urgent Crew (20812)
Requisition ID 20812
Position: Supervisor – Urgent Crew
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Milling Senior Supervisor.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
maintenance team (fitter mechanics) at the process plant is responsible
for execution of maintenance across Milling circuit (milling plant)
Purpose of the role is to execute mechanical fitting works safely and
responsibly within the process plant (i.e., preventive maintenance,
planned jobs, breakdowns, and installation of new /replacement of
equipment). The role will be assigned to a specification section of the
plant by the maintenance superintendent and will be working under the
immediate supervision of the Supervisor-Fitter mechanics and the section
- Form Four Education.
- VETA qualification Grade I in Fitter mechanic/ Full Technician Certificate (FTC) /Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
least 3-5 years fitting experience in the manufacturing, mining, or any
related similar industry with specific experience in the following
equipment: Big mills – SAG and Ball Mill, Thickener drives, Pumps (Oil,
slurry &water), Gearboxes, Knelosn Concentrator (KC), Trash &
Scalping screen, High pressure vessels, Troubleshoot and maintain
conveyor belt and gear drives and Experience on cone crusher.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety Health and Environment.
- Take responsibility of your own health and safety by: Observing all HSE Policies and procedure relevant to the job in hand.
- Mini risk assessment -continuous think about and plan job before commencement
- Always use correct tooling
- Utilize all necessary permit where required
- Tag out and report any unsafe equipment immediately
- Report all incidents immediately and participate in investigations and remediation activities
- Remove all scrap or left-over materials immediately and ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility
- Taking care of your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Carry out maintenance duties including: To do inspection around the plant
- Report all maintenance matters to senior supervisor
- To assign tasks to his /her subordinates
- Routine inspection of a range of different Fixed Plant equipment to ensure they are functioning correctly
- Carrying out planned and unplanned (breakdown etc.) maintenance tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting faults and repair equipment as needed
- Report any lost or damaged tooling
- Ensure the work is performed to the OEM Requirements
- Meet work delivery deadline to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required by the date for work completion
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
- Possession of Basic Trade Skills
- Able to read, understand and utilize all plant technical manuals
- Specialized training on various pieces of equipment as required
- Computer literacy – Proficiency in Microsoft office products/Basic Computer Skills
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork must be able to solve problem
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of
relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and
addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are
not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also
be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior
Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor – Urgent Crew”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have
their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or
Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 20th January 2023 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to
present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination
certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test
and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures
including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your
hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML
does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be
asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity,
please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation
Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our
whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates
apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com