|Barrick-North Mara Gold Mine Ltd|
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited, 2023
Tarime, Mara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of
Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Safety Officer to join
and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA
and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You
will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets
in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and
ensure daily targets are met.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
- Assisting in the implementation of the NMGML Occupational Health and Safety Management System at North Mara Mine.
- Assisting the implementation of ISO 45001:2018 standard at NMGML.
the Safety First Line Leaders to ensure all North Mara Mine activities
comply with the requirements of the Company Safety and Health Standards
and any applicable legislative requirements.
- Providing visible
and high level Safety support to all North Mara departments and Business
Partners/Contractors to ensure the safe and efficient operation of
North Mara Mine operations and associated infrastructure.
- Assist to maintain the nine element of Barrick Safety & Health Management System at North Mara Mine.
all site equipment’s is being maintained and monitored via a
comprehensive system which is transparent and can be audited at any
time, e.g. pre-start checks, maintenance scheduling and documented fault
reporting and rectification.
- Actively facilitate the
Baseline/Formal Risk Assessment, JHA, FLRA processes and promote a risk
management culture at North Mara Mine.
- Ensure regular safety inspections are conducted within all areas of the mine site including facilities manned by contractors.
- Assist in accident / incident investigations with the relevant supervisors.
- Facilitate accident/incident investigations as required by using company approved incident investigation analysis methodologies.
- Developing safety training packages.
- Facilitate Safety trainings to the NMGML workforce.
- Provide daily feedback report of the activities carried out to the Safety First Line Leaders.
- Prepare safety statistics on a weekly, monthly and annually basis and report trends.
a monthly report of activities and statistics conducted during the
period in an accurate and timely manner for inclusion in the site-wide
- Conduct regular safety observations to
determine the level of safety standards compliance, PPE compliance and
requirements and provide safety coaching.
- Liaise with other
sections within the Department to ensure integrated operation of the
department and to achieve stated objectives.
- Attend relevant departmental safety related meetings as agreed/assigned by the OHS leadership.
- Ensure timely follow up of incident and other safety related corrective actions close out.
- Regularly liaise with other Departmental heads and their staff as required.
- Actively participate in the review of safe working procedures.
- Maintain a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the department.
- Encourage a teamwork approach to problem solving within the Department by practicing clear concise communication.
- Liaise with visitors where technical expertise is required and requested.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the OHS leadership.
- Advanced level Secondary School education or equivalent.
- NOSHC certificate.
- Certificate III/IV on Occupational Health and Safety
Experience and Competencies needed
- Minimum of 3 years mining experience.
- Must be with Underground Operation experience. Able to show initiative and take responsibility for safety programs.
- Working knowledge of Safety and Health Management Systems and ISO 45001:2018.
- Experience in accident /incident investigation and reporting.
- Possession of valid Tanzania driver’s license and having Driver’s competency.
- Ability to implement plans and achieve goals.
- Ability to interact with other departments, contractors, Project Managers and safety personnel.
- Possession of good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Hold employees accountable.
- Resilience and resourcefulness.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Being ERT member will be an added advantage.
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Multitasking abilities.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Able to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Job Identification 223342
Job Category Technical Services
Posting Date 01/12/2023, 03:39 PM
Apply Before 01/31/2023, 03:39 PM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
Locations Tarime, Tarime, P.O. Box 422, TZ
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold
and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host
countries and communities to transform their natural resources into
tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines
and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is
drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with
world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by
embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of
our business decisions.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
The company’s shares trade on the New
York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock
Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.