|Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI)|
in Tanzania 2023: New Jobs Vacancies at UMATI, 2023
Assosciation has a long leadership history in SRH Programmes in
Tanzania including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services, SRHR
Programmes for young people, integrated Clinics and Community based
service delivery approaches.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
National Youth Coordinator
National Youth Coordinator Job Opportunity at UMATI
Location: Head Office, Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: Head of Programs
Subordinates: Youth Centre In-charges
National Youth Coordinator
National Youth Coordinator is responsible for developing and
maintaining effective and meaningful youth participation mechanisms that
provide opportunities for young people to have a voice in youth issues
and affairs. S/he shall be responsible for developing and implementing
structures and systems for youth empowerment with specific emphasis on
fostering Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services; and
identifying and sharing information and application of good practices so
as to broaden the national youth development agenda.
planning, development, implementation and administration of countrywide
youth programs with accountability for the overall delivery results.
the Association in establishing and maintaining effective consultations
with national and local counterparts including but not limited to
respective health and youth Government Ministries, local authorities,
local NGOs, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active
collaboration, cooperation and alliances on youth development.
- Network building, initiation and maintenance of key partnerships and resource mobilization for youth programs.
the design and establishment of an effective and results-oriented
monitoring and evaluation system, that allows periodic monitoring of the
projects’ results, performance, achievements, risks and challenges.
- Implement adolescent projects by involving other responsible staff and stakeholders.
- Supervise Income Generating activities at the Youth Centers.
- Identify youth needs and ensure that all activities align with UMATI APB/Project proposals.
- Ensuring knowledge building and management on youth.
- Ensure timely and adequate reporting against the work plan, including providing timely and articulate progress reports.
- Manage various projects and ensure completion within deadline by attending to every detail of assigned projects.
integrity of financial and administrative operations in the program
area by overseeing the financial and budgetary aspects of the projects.
workshops and create awareness among the communities for user friendly
Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services.
- Develop and
implement training schedules for new youths, develop appropriate tools
and methods to build organizational and strong teams.
the best popular practices in the development of the community, drafting
the reports and evaluations and submit to relevant authorities.
- Organize youth programs including meetings, seminars, outreach and other activities.
- Ensuring a strict and consistent application of UMATI values according to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Attending to any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by superiors.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public health/Social Sciences or any other related field.
- At least four (4) years of working experience in youth SRH programs, volunteering management or project management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated understanding of social and cultural issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different groups of people.
- Knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, effective in time management skills and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy in Office applications and browsers.
- Fluent in Oral and Written English and Swahili language.
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
to administer youth programs, team-building capacity including
interpersonal and communication skills and ability to cope with a
- Demonstrated experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment.
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results.
- Willing and able to travel extensively on UMATI business.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and values of UMATI.
Temeke Youth Centre In-Charge
Temeke Youth Centre In-Charge Job Opportunity at UMATI
Location: Temeke, Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: National Youth Coordinator
Youth Center Coordinator is responsible for the provision of
comprehensive counseling and quality Sexual and reproductive health
services to youth in accordance with national standards.
- Organizing all youth programmes including meetings, seminars, outreach, and other activities.
- Supervising Income Generating activities (IGA) at the Youth Centre.
- Implementation of adolescent projects by involving other responsible staff.
- Assisting in strengthening Youth Action Movements (YAM) structures through the establishment of youth clubs.
- Ensuring timely and adequate reporting against the work plan, including providing timely and articulate progress reports.
- Identifying youth needs and ensuring that all activities align with UMATI Business plan/Project proposals.
- Ensuring a strict and consistent application of UMATI values according to relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring knowledge building and management of youth.
- Monitor and evaluate youth activities based on the project document.
- Develop and prepare materials for youth activities.
- Determine gaps in service delivery and knowledge and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Maintain awareness of service and program to youth.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Community Development, Social Work, or Education.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working with Youth Sexual Reproductive Health Related Projects.
- Volunteering or mentoring management is desirable.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of the legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures for Youth program development and implementation.
- Ability to administer youth programs and team-building skills.
- Effective verbal presentation and listening communications skills Effective negotiation, mediation, and counseling skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proficient in computer packages such as Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Graphics, and Website development.
- Stress management skills.
- Flexible with Time management skills.
WISH Program Manager
WISH Program Manager at UMATI January, 2023
Location: Head Office, Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: Head of Programs
Subordinates: Field Officers
WISH Program Manager
The WISH Program Manager is responsible for providing technical leadership and support
across the WISH Program in Tanzania, ensuring the achievement of WISH project service
delivery projections in line with evidence-based best-practice, rights-based programming, and
clinical quality standards.
The Program Manager will liaise with the MA team, and work closely
with the IPPF WISH2ACTION team to build local capacity at the cluster level to improve access
to integrated quality family planning and Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in
Project Planning and Management
- Work with the WISH project team to develop and actively track project work plans.
monitor overall program quality and performance in terms of data
measurement, spending rate on budgets, staffing, and on-time delivery of
reports and other products.
- Identifies and builds strategic
networks with other actors to support the region in the implementation
and monitoring of gender-responsive and adolescent-friendly sexual
reproductive health quality improvement initiatives in line with the
national government policy.
- Provision of SRH technical and
programmatic guidance on the implementation of SRH project activities as
per the national SRH guidelines and strategies.
monitors the project implementation through field visits, coordinating
monthly project meetings, to jointly assess project progress, identify
bottlenecks and potential risks and work for timely decisions with the
Head of Programmes to resolve issues.
- Working to build the
capacity of the Local Government Authorities staff on effective
supportive supervision including identifying effective approaches and
techniques for scaling up project best practices for sustainability
after project closure.
- Work with the WISH Program Director to support the formation of clusters, and Cluster Management Committees (CMCs).
with and support CMCs and DMCs to maintain strong oversight of service
delivery in cluster sites and develop outreach plans to enable the
achievement of service delivery projections.
- Provide technical
support to the cluster teams to use data generated through the project
to ensure adaptive programming in order to meet service delivery
- Ensure that effective referral systems are in place within clusters.
- Work with M&E Manager in designing and developing, monitoring, and reporting
- tools for implementation in tracking the progress of the project deliverables.
- Ensure quality of care by coordinating the collection of regular quality assessments
- (6 monthly) using project tools across all cluster sites in coordination with the M&E
- Ensure the development and implementation of quality-of-care improvement work
- plans across project sites with the aim of ensuring quality improvements in cluster
- sites across the project lifetime.
- Oversee clinical governance and adverse events reporting across WISH cluster sites.
- Ensuring timely implementation and reporting according to the work plan.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly project reports (both financial and
- narrative) according to UMATI and the donor requirements.
- Oversee the work of community-based volunteers (CHWs & PEs) to ensure the
- community mobilizations are effectively done for the smooth implementation of
- community outreaches.
- Ensure that the linkages between Community-based volunteers and existing health
- facilities in the project catchment areas referral services are strengthened.
- Promoting the value and standards of care through appropriate guidelines and protocols.
- Performing monthly analysis of MER indicators and informing the management for decision-making.
Team Performance Management.
- Monitor the performance of the team in relation to the execution of the project activities and target achievements.
that staff and partner’s staff are sufficiently trained or effectively
exposed to project models, approaches, and strategies to enhance their
achievements and realization of desired changes.
- Enhance staff capacity and skills in performance management to ensure smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Build staff capacity to live out UMATI’s values, vision, and mission in the communities we serve.
- Coordinate Human Resources related issues and functions.
Required Experience and Qualifications
degree or equivalent in public health, social science, international
development, gender, or a related area is an added advantage.
- Significant experience (5+ years) in implementing Family Planning / Reproductive
- Health programmes in Tanzania, preferably in contraceptive service delivery projects.
in leading SRHR large donor-funded programs (funded by FCDO will be an
added advantage) and a managerial experience in the program, financial,
- human resources management, networking, knowledge management, and advocacy of large international development projects.
experience providing capacity building and providing assistance with
the public, the private sector, and at community level.
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service
- delivery project; performance and quality improvement; quality of care; adolescent FP.
experience with a mix of practical technical skills in FP/SRH necessary
for strengthening service delivery at the regional, national, clinical
and community- level.
- Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts.
with adaptive management and effective feedback loops to ensure the use
of data in strategic and programmatic decision-making.
- Experience in the implementation of adolescent Sexual Reproductive health Project in Tanzania.
to make sound work judgments under difficult conditions, and to become
technically effective with a minimal level of attention from
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant Microsoft software Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Hardworking with the capacity to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as openness, and a transparent personality.
- Working towards achieving a team goal.
- Demonstrates respect for all groups of people in the community and is culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Decisive evidence-based decision-making skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position
applied for, and detailed Curriculum Vitae in one document.
Applications should be submitted by 25th January 2023 to the Executive Director through email email@example.com
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.