|The Grumeti Fund|
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Grumeti Reserves Tanzania Limited, 2023
RISE Research Scientist at Grumeti Fund Trust January, 2023
Grumeti Fund Trust is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following position:
RISE Research Scientist
Position: RISE Research Scientist (1)
JOB POSITION RISE RESEARCH SCIENTIST
DUTY STATION SERENGETI DISTRICT, MARA, TANZANIA
REPORTING LINE HEAD SCIENTIST
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
responsibility of the RISE Research Scientist, within the Grumeti Fund
Trust, is to develop, expand, and enrich the research conducted at
Research and Innovation for the Serengeti Ecosystem (RISE). This
includes developing an independent research program in their area of
expertise, supervising graduate students, creating tangible connections
between research outputs and conservation practice, and providing the
necessary support to RISE staff and affiliates.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
personal research program which is applied in nature and supports
managers working in the Serengeti ecosystem and Tanzania more broadly
- Communicate results across departments and with key stakeholders via written reports and oral presentations.
- Serve as a main or co-supervisor for 3-4 graduate students per year who are working in the Serengeti ecosystem
field supervision and oversight for additional graduate students who
are conducting field work in IGGR and using RISE facilities
- Oversee day to day activities of a small team of junior RISE staff
with research facility, program, and visiting researcher logistics as
needed when the ordinarily responsible RISE staff are on leave
- As time and interest allows, assist in the development of and / or participate as an instructor in RISE training programs
- Do other work-related duties as directed by the RISE Head Scientist
- Responsibly oversee RISE resources including budgets, sponsored programs, technology, assets, and staff as necessary.
time to time participate in or support Grumeti Fund’s fundraising
initiatives through write ups, reviews, and special activities on a need
- PhD in field directly related to conservation or ecology/environment. PhD ABD status will be considered.
- Prior research experience involving independent field work in remote conditions required
record communicating results to scientists and practitioners (i.e
peer-reviewed journals, international and in-country conferences and
workshops, gray and white literature)
- Demonstrable interest in applied research and linking conservation science with practice
- Demonstrable dedication to supporting the development of early career scientists and conservationists
- Experience in using technology and innovative tools to support research and / or conservation objectives
about maintaining and contributing to a collaborative atmosphere built
on teamwork and respect. Must support, engage, and communicate openly
with staff and collaborators.
- Proficient in data analysis software like R, ArcGIS, QGIS or similar.
- Clean Class C license
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- High level of proficiency in coding language like R, python, or java would be advantageous.
- Previous experience supervising graduate students would be advantageous
- Previous staff management experience would be advantageous
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- Passionate about contributing to a more diverse and equitable conservation and research communities
- Curious mindset, ability to listen, learn, and value the perspectives of those with different skill sets and backgrounds
- Able to navigate and work effectively with diverse group of public and private stakeholders
- Tech savvy and interested in exploring and trialing new modes of data collection and or the practice of conservation.
- Demonstrable interest in learning new skills and continuing development as a research and conservation professional
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy and reliable
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete work efficiently
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Desire to work in a diverse, fast-pace, growth-oriented environment
enjoy working in both the field and office – anticipated split is 30%
field and 70% office with flexibility on time allocation based on
independent research requirements
Mode of application
candidates for this position when applying must include application
letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Academic Certificates. All applications
should be addressed to and sent to the Head of Human Resources by email
via firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
Grumeti Reserves Ltd
P.O Box 65
Mugumu, Mara region, Tanzania.
Deadline for receiving applications is 31st January 2023, 17:00PM
Grumeti Fund Trust is an equal opportunity employer.