|The New Forests Co. (T) Ltd|
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Jobs Vacancies at The New Forests Company (T) Ltd, 2022
Job role: Community Forester
Purpose of the position:
to the realization of NFC’s Shared Value strategy by: Provide
commercial-level Forestry planning, training, co-ordination, and
management of the CSR led community forestry program in close
collaboration with the Community
- Development Officers (CDOs) responsible for each plantation/pole plant
quality forestry (and agroforestry) practices with high survival rates
amongst Out-grower trees to maximize their revenues and secure NFC long
term timber supply chain
- Accurate and timely data capture and reporting of community forestry program
- Community Forester at The New Forest Company
Key Result Areas and accountabilities:
Sourcing high quality seedling inputs for the Out-grower program, in co
ordination with the CSR team regarding species preferences
and train the CSR CDOs and Community Liaison Officers (CLOs) in
accurate GPS mapping and forestry data collection to ensure accurate
data is inputted into the Micro- Forest app.
- Lead the
silviculture practices of the Out-grower program, including planning,
spacing, land preparation, trainings, seedling distribution, post
planting verification, enumeration, thinning and harvesting.
- The community trained practices are to be compliant with FSC, for ease of future group scheme certification
proactive in supporting the CSR team and Community Tree grower
Associations with resolving planting or tree related challenges
- Co-ordinate visits to NFC plantations, research trials and processing facilities as part of the community knowledge building
all relevant NFC IMS procedures and prescriptions are followed 8.
Co-ordinate with NFC Forestry department regarding NFC quality
standards, to ensure mature Out-grower timber complies with NFC sourcing
- Incorporate agroforestry, fruit trees, inter-cropping,
and other climate smart best practices in the Out-grower program to
help maximize their land use potential and build climate resilience.
and/or update silviculture, agroforestry, and risk management training
cards to support effective knowledge transfer to communities
and safety issues and problems are effectively investigated, managed,
and reported on. A positive attitude towards health and safety is
developed, managed, and maintained across all areas.
environment of continuous, but appropriate, health and safety
improvement are developed. Activities are coordinated with other
functions and departments and are undertaken in a collegiate manner.
- New and improved methods or initiatives are evaluated, documented, costed, recommended and, where authorized, implemented.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies required to perform this role:
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial level forestry
in or willingness to learn and apply agroforestry practices 3.
Demonstrable experience with and interest in working with Communities
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Respect NFC’s safety rules and other policies
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to plan all activities, and execute the operations
- Ability to produce timely reports in agreed format
- Demonstrable ability to work with mobile software apps, such as Smallholdr, Katam and others
- A relevant degree in Forestry
- Years of experience required to perform this role
- At least 3 years’ work relevant experience
Desired Start Date: 02nd January, 2023.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send you application letter & CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th November, 2022.