|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC) 2022
WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation Tanzania Nyarugusu (National Only)
Tanzania, United Republic of
NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the
organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and
accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the WASH project.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
- Supervise and monitor construction of sanitation facilities (household and institutional latrines)
latrine construction materials from the warehouse in a timely manner,
supervise and monitor distribution of latrines construction materials to
- Monitor and ensure proper usage of the latrine construction materials, assets and tools.
- Monitor proper positioning of the latrines on the site
community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of
sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion, in close coordination with
the NRC shelter team
- Facilitate effective implementation of
sanitation activities which includes supervision and monitoring of
latrine construction, fabrication of slabs and ensuring tasks are
completed correctly and on schedule
- Conduct latrine coverage assessments and continuous gap identification and analysis.
account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other
important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and
reporting; carries out activities in a way that reflects the needs of
specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups,
children, and people with disabilities
- Capacity building, supervision and monitoring of refugee community workers.
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings when called upon.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,319 POSTS)
in Civil engineering or water engineer, or relevant practical
experience. Possibly experience in social work and / or humanitarian
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Knowledge of Kirundi
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
Duty station: Nyarugusu Camp, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 3 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
Job Identification 8089
Job Category Engineering
Posting Date 10/03/2022, 03:48 PM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
“Female candidates are encouraged to apply “
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian
organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across
more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance
to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee,
advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise,
helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for,
respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal
Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting
on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions,
Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health,
safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have
procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to
take away all risks.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and
peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s
lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and
international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts
contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address
challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative
approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Apply Before 10/14/2022, 03:48 PM