Contract Type National contract
Job title: Supply Chain Officer
Employment band: H
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Team Leader
Direct reports: None
Unit/department: Support Services
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Officer will ensure efficient and effective
procurement of supplies, services and works providing value for money
and in compliance to best practices as per DRC Supply Chain Operations
Handbooks and donor regulations.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Responsible for execution of procurement activities in in a timely
manner achieving value-for money while fully compliant to DRC and
relevant donor procurement procedures and regulations.
PRs once approved in DRC Dynamics, review specifications before issuing
RFQs, complete the procure to pay process in Dynamics ERP.
Raise Purchase Orders and draft contracts with clear specifications on
supplies/services/works ordered for and ensure the relevant appendices
are referenced to and attached.
- Crosscheck that requestors
select the purchase agreements item number for all items under Framework
agreement and follow-up tracking on procurement spending under Purchase
Agreements and Long-term contracts.Ensure tracking of all service
contracts issued by the country programme including lease agreements,
security services contracts, internet service and Insurances.
Work closely with the warehouse unit informing them of the supply
pipeline, and ensure requestors verify supplies at delivery time. Follow
up on timely delivery of supplies ensuring the items meet approved
- Support in ensuring adherence to
procurement plans by working closely with relevant budget-holders and
supply chain Team Leader.
- Participate and support internal and
external audits ensuring required information and documents requested
are ready for submission to auditors.
- Support in safety related
tasks including completion of incident reports, ensure DRC offices and
compounds have in place risk mitigation measures for hazards.
- Provide inputs on safety SOPs review and contribute to the updates of the MOSS.
- Excellent liaison, communication and facilitation skill. Engage with relevant authorities for processing of camp entry permits.
Inventory management of office supplies ensuring required commodities
are reordered on time for both office and Camps compounds.
Compound and guest house maintenance; check on required compound repairs
and supervise the fixing including at DRC compounds in the Camps.
Observe the DRC Code of Conduct and DRC’s Anti-Corruption Policy and
ensure any potential conflicts of interest are promptly raised and
- Filing and archiving of documents on Sharepoint following proper file naming protocol.
- Weekly PR/PO Tracker status report
- Inventory report for Office and Compound supplies
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,475 POSTS)
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in procurement and logistics function in a busy work environment with an INGO.
- Familiar with donor procurement guidelines; UN Agencies, DANIDA, FCDO, USAID, ECHO.
- Strong work ethic with high integrity and transparency
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Strong skills and experience in using ERP system.
- Strong communication and feedback skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- English (Fluent, written and spoken)
- Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
- DRC Staff
- Suppliers/Service Providers
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☐ ☒
Collaborating ☐ ☐ ☒
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☐ ☒
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Providing equal opportunities
are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment
based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered
for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and
appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique
skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested
candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards
capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s
and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to
uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
Deadline 29th September 2022.