Advisor for Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control
a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving
its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable
The GIZ programme
Improving Health Care Provision in Tanzania’ (IHCP) is looking to fill
the position of Advisor for Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control
(DIPC) in Tanzania and Malawi in collabora- tion with Digital Square and
the Ministries of Health (MOH).
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Fixed term contract
Responsibilities and Tasks
The advisor is expected to carry out the following tasks and services:
- Nodal officer for DIPC project till the end of 2024, based on the agreed job description.
organize and supervise the implementation of the DIPC activities in
Tanzania and Malawi according to the objectives of the program, in
alignment with local implementation part- ner(s).
- Advise the
component leader and the DIPC project team as well as facilitate
reporting to wards the commissioning parties(e.g., BMZ).
- Strategy development for the DIPC project, especially with regard to long term impact and sustainability.
documentation for monitoring as well as impact evaluation through
studies and research with internal and external partners.
contribute and participate in meetings or working groups of relevant
national as well regional implementation partners of DIPC, wherever
relevant for implementation
- Organize implementation relevant events and workshops.
Management and coordination
implement and monitor the execution of the project and steering of
implementation partners including conducting on-site visits and
workshops with partner at the national level, en- suring activities
executed are in line with pre-agreed scope to achieve compliance with
the DIPC indicators that it foresees, in accordance with the guidelines
of those in charge of the GIZ office in Tanzania and Malawi as well as
the DIPC team.
- Prepare financial plans for project activities and manage project activities according to approved budgets
designated by the head of the component, manage the financial and
contractual processes of the project regarding the procurement of
supplies and services and the elaboration of the grant agreement, in
accordance with GIZ and national standards.
- Formulation of project action plans and synchronizing the planning and budgeting system and its counterparts
Networking and cooperation
a cooperation network with key stakeholders, including the preparation
of formal cooperation agreements with project partners (i.e. agreements)
- In coordination with the leader of the GIZ health
program/component of Tanzania and Malawi and DIPC team represent the GIZ
project focal area or sector to clients, government agencies and
political actors in the country, as well as in the DC community, and
support the develop- ment of strategies when necessary.
in the exchange between and ensure alignment with the other initiatives
of the respective GIZ health programs and projects, DIPC and relevant
projects in the digital sector in Tanzania(incl. the EAC portfolio)and
- Regularly provide updates to the Sector Coordinator of the German Development Cooperation in Health
Public Relations for the DIPC project
advise and monitor DIPC implementing partners on the appropriate use of
corporate identity for program implementation and result reporting.
results communication across all available platforms including
cooperation and communication with the relevant focal points of the
- Ensure that the DIPC message is communicated clearly and uniformly.
- Ensure cross-program knowledge management of project products
- Maintain a resource repository at the DIPC Teams channel and websites as needed.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experiences
- Master’s degree in computer science, health informatics, medical informatics, bioinformatics or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in digital health/medical informatics implementation projects
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- proven ability for team-work, co-creation and skill-transfer
good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the
internet) and computer applications^.g. MS Office, Excel)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English, knowledge of German is an added advantage but not a requirement
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV
and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com
Please use the subject line “the Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control”.
Closing date for submission: 16.09.2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications
from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender,
origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.