Department/Unit : Capacity Building and Data Use.
Location : Zanzibar.
Reports to : Capacity Building and Data Use Team Lead.
Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania
(GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for
International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance
to the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar (RGOZ) in strengthening
supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g. malaria, family
planning(FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis(TB)and maternal, newborn and child
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ
assists the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar health programs by
providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving
the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity
building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement
of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to
improve supply chain performance.
Supply Chain Technical Advisor is a project position, will work under
the administrative and technical guidance of the Capacity Building and
Data Use Team Lead and is responsible for overall technical support to
supply chain strengthening activities in Zanzibar. S/he will work in
collaboration with national stakeholders such as the Ministry of
Health-Zanzibar including its departments, units and vertical programs,
Central Medical Stores (CMS) and other supply chain stakeholders. She/he
will also dedicate and ensure that MOH staff have the skills required
to manage supply chain management activities including usage of data for
informed decisions. She/he will be involved in supporting transition of
project’s initiatives into the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
This position will be based in Zanzibar, with occasional travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
as a technical resource for the project and stakeholders for
implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management
- Collaborate with Chief Pharmacist Office and Central Medical Store in the implementation of workplan activities
- Support the development of work plans, budgets and its implementation.
- Ensure workplan activities are correctly implemented, completed on time and are of high quality.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to the Zanzibar Supply Chain Officers at both CPO and CMS.
- Provide technical guidance on quantifications of health commodities
- Assist in the implementation of the redesigned ZILS, highlighting and addressing obstacles
- Support the implementation of the IMPACT approach initiative in Zanzibar.
with MOH Zanzibar and GHSC-TA-TZ to monitor the performance of IMPACT
teams in ZNZ for supply chain performance improvement.
in transition of GHSC-TA-TZ initiatives to the RGOZ, monitor the
progress of transition, highlight obstacles, and develop plans for
addressing obstacles; such initiatives include the LMU, eLMIS, etc.
- Conduct trainings on technical supply chain topics, consulting skills and administrative topics.
- Become a champion in data use; identify challenges in data quality, visibility and use; and develop solutions to address them.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration across vertical programs and supply chain stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance in supply chain logistic systems performance to minimize wastage.
and share monthly, quarterly and annual reports including documenting
success stories, best practices, and lessons learned
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholders’meetings.
- Complete and submit in a timely manner and well written technical and trip reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
qualified Pharmacist, degree in Supply Chain Management, Public Health,
or related degree with at least five years of experience in health
- Experience working in Zanzibar’s public health supply chain.
- Experience providing supply chain trainings.
- Ability to analyze supply chain data, conduct root cause analysis, and prepare quality presentation/reports
- Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as eLMIS and DHIS2
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae
with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing
certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – email@example.com by 20th September 2022.
candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you
have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly
assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at USAID (GHSC TA-TZ), Project – Supply Chain Technical Advisor