Job Opportunity At ABT Associates, Ajira Mpya Tanzania ABT Associates,
Nafasi Za Kazi ABT Associates, Jobs Tanzania Abt Associates
Chief of Party – Health Facilities Electrification
Job Identification 102105
Job Category Program Delivery
- Abt Associates, Kinshasa, CD
- La Pyramide, Abidjan, CI
- Abt Associates, Abuja, NG
- Abt Associates, Lagos, NG
- Manzini, Eswatini, Manzini, SZ
- Mbabne, Eswatini, Mbabne, SZ
- Abt Associates, Dar es Salaam, TZ
- Abt Associates, Dodoma, TZ
Job Schedule Full time Recommended:
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Abt Associates seeks a
qualified Chief of Party a health facility electrification (HFE) and
telecommunication activity. The activity will advance sub-Saharan
Africa’s goals to improve the health and well-being of communities by
drawing on private sector capacity and resources to provide rural and
semi-rural health facilities with clean, reliable electricity generation
and Internet connectivity. The activity will address the challenges in
health electrification through a market-based approach, leveraging
technical and financial resources. These efforts will complement USAID’s
Global Health Strategy and the USAID Climate Strategy through the
promotion and uptake of cleaner, renewable energy solutions that
sustainably power health facilities, advancing better health while
mitigating air pollution and creating employment and business
The Chief of Party is responsible for leadership
of the HFE and telecommunications project in Nigeria, Eswatini,
Tanzania, Cote d’Ivoire, or the Democratic Republic of Congo and
ensuring the effective implementation of the project. The Chief of
Party represents the HFE project and is responsible for coordination
among key local stakeholders including national, state and local
government, private sector partners, other implementing partners and
donor agencies. The Chief of Party will ensure the project achieves
results including project deliverables and targets in an effective and
The Chief of Party will promote collaboration
with other similar projects, government decision makers, and
stakeholders to ensure the alignment of this project with their
priorities and guidelines. This activity will focus on both the public
and private sectors.
This position will be based in the capital
and cover activities in nationwide. Applicants should be a local
resident or have a work permit.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
management leadership (programmatic, financial and administrative) for
the project ensuring full alignment with national and international
- Oversee the implementation of the project ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
represent Abt and the project and build and maintain excellent,
productive relationships with government counterparts, private sector
partners, relevant civil society organizations and donor agencies and
serve as a leader in the energy and health community.
- Provide vision and guidance to the project staff.
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
- Ensure implementation of accountability mechanisms to foster quality and ensure client’s rights and choice.
- Supervise and oversee the work of project staff, project partners and subcontractors
- Exercise sound financial management skills including effective project spending.
the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team; ensure
strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations and internal
- Guide the learning agenda for the project, use lessons
learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate
- Lead the development of the strategy for scale up of the project.
- Create strong partnerships with other implementing partners working in the energy and health sectors.
- Review technical materials to ensure high quality products.
- Effectively liaise with headquarters departments to support project operational success.
- Prepare and consolidate information for client and internal reports and conduct preliminary reviews.
- Ensure proper oversite over procurements.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field.
least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in managing
complex energy or health programs or programs of similar scope and size.
- Experience engaging private sector partners
experience in administration, financial management, award compliance,
sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- Excellent management and organizational skills to lead teams to deliver high quality program results.
strategic vision for the energy and/or health sector, leadership
qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and
- Excellent professional reputation and a proven
success interacting with host country government agencies, counterparts,
donors, and international experts.
- Proven ability to gather data and document program activities, successes, and lessons learned.
oral and written communications skills in English and French (if French
speaking country). Local languages an advantage.
- Experience with USAID or other donors.
Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten
years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt
Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive
employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and
economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We
command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food
security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our
multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and
disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In
partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality
programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known
for impact and innovation.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of
equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve
full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice,
discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are
actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have
much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an
asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our
ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that
advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact
programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color
(BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and
Posting Date 08/26/2022, 09:59 PM
Apply Before 09/23/2022, 09:59 PM