Women’s Promotion Centre (WPC)
WPC’s envisions a society that recognizes and respects women’s rights and dignity, and upholds equality between women and men.
PROJECT FINANCE OFFICER
Project name: Keeping Adolescent Girls in School (KAGIS)
Location: Kibondo District
Employment type: Full-Time
Contract duration: One year with possibility to renew
Report to: WPC Finance Manager
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Women’s Promotion Centre (WPC) is non-profit women-led organisation
that has been working in Tanzania since 2004 on prevention of violence
against women and girls, sexual and reproductive health rights and
empowering women socially and economically. Through our work with our
partners, we strive to ensure the society recognizes and respects
women’s rights and dignity through upholding equality between women and
men, and boys and girls.
Overview of the Keeping Adolescent
Girls in School (KAGIS) Project In partnership with Plan International
Tanzania, WPC is implementing the KAGIS project to address key barriers
inhibiting adolescent girls from realizing their right to safe, quality
and gender-responsive education. The project is being implemented in
Kibondo and Kakonko districts of Kigoma region with focus on the unique
needs and barriers associated with participation in primary and
lower-secondary school. The project’s Ultimate Outcome, “Adolescent
girls realize their rights to safe, quality, gender-responsive
education”, will be achieved by employing a three-pronged, rights-based,
gender-transformative approach to tackle demand- and supply-side
barriers, while strengthening local level governance and building
improved linkages between education, health and child protection
Based on that, WPC urgently needs to recruit a Project
Finance Officer who will be responsible for implementing financial
accounting policies and procedures, and for preparing the KAGIS project
Accounts and Financial performance Reports.
- Conduct financial accounting, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide financial management and analysis for all aspects of the program.
- Manage and maintain office cash controls.
- Implement and keep records of financial transactions and data according to policies and procedures.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Finance
- Manager on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and
coded, and that all account books and petty cash are maintained
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly
processed and that all statutory payments are made on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with Plan
- International Rules and regulations and WPC policies and procedures
- Prepare financial reports including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis.
- Prepare for and collaborate with auditors to ensure successful audit.
the development and updating of financial policies, procedures and
standards, including keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in
accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices, and
ensure that all staff are well informed in their use.
that WPC is compliant with all legal requirements regarding taxation,
returns, fees and other financial statutory requirements.
- Manage cash flow forecasts and monitor its liquidity.
- Manage any additional supplementary funding (cost-shared by partner)
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements.
- Advise program staff on financial health through provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
- Establish and maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and subcontracts with services providers
- •Perform any other responsibilities as directed by the Finance Manager
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,475 POSTS)
Qualifications and experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field with at least three (3) years working experience in an NGO context
- Ability to work as part of a team and to foster team spirit.
- Evidence of strong budgeting, reporting, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of local laws for effective compliance
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing is highly desirable.
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and most importantly
How to Apply
Kindly send a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae explaining why you are interested in the job, your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with CC to email@example.com by mentioning Finance Manager – your surname in the subject line of your email. Certificates are not needed at this stage.
This application will be closed on Sunday, September 11, 2022 midnight.