SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local
non-government organization affiliated to Sos Children’s Villages
International, a worldwide child care organization that provides
orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational
opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages
International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s
Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally,
it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms,
i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family
Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities.
has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and
implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar
es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa.
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant positions below….
Job Title: Head of Fund Development and Communication
Duty station: National Office- Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: National Director
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
of Fund Development and Communication is responsible for pursuing
opportunities of funds countrywide to cover the National Associations’
running costs and investments to increase the financial self-sufficiency
of the National Association by planning and undertaking Fundraising
activities target to the public, corporate and private donors.
- Set strategic direction for fundraising in support of SOS- Tanzania.
- Prepare a thorough fundraising plan indicating concrete actions and targets to be achieved on an annual basis.
advice to the National Director on opportunities for increasing the
public profile of SOS CV Tanzania potential funding and sponsorship
opportunities from philanthropic foundations, trusts, the community,
business, corporate, government sectors, and individuals.
- Responsible for the national fundraising activities of SOS CV Tanzania.
- Evaluate and review the fundraising strategy at least after every two years.
- Provide an outline of medium-term priorities and financial forecasts quarterly.
and implement an annual fundraising plan and budget with comprehensive
monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets and financial projections,
highlighting the needs and amounts required.
- Preparing the detailed revenue and expense reports for all fundraising events after the event is completed
and keep records, databases, results and experiences of all
associations with funding organization’s and companies to ensure
continuity and inform future decisions and actions.
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
- Manages the local donors and sponsors for the sustainability of local fundraising
- Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the proposals for acquisition of the grants/funds
and implement public relations for SOS CV TZ, ensuring that
communication is consistent, based on the same global brand framework
stressing our roots, vhsion, mission and values.
- Provide public
relations and media support for particular public events and handling
all complaints or queries from the public as directed by the National
- Attend presentations requests made by corporate, individual groups and members of the diplomatic corps.
and take a lead role in any special fundraising or public relations
activities and events that concern the National Association’s
- Develop and produce publications, including
reports, articles, pamphlets and brochures, to promote SOS CVs Tanzania
and its activities. Ensure that adequate stocks of public relations and
marketing support materials are available for inclusion in fundraising
proposals and distribution.
- Build contacts and relationships
with other NGOs and local CSOs to learn from, share and apply best
practices in the acquisition and management of grants
- Educate staff on how their interaction with potential and existing supporters influences the SOS Children’s Tanzania brand.
closely with the facility heads to ensure that funds and
donations-in-kind received are recorded and dealt with as necessary.
constant contact with local sponsors, keeping them informed of
developments and activities within the National Association
for the development and implementation of the donations-in-kind
guidelines and the achievement of the overall budgeted income from
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- MBA preferred in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Seven (7) years professional development and fund raising experience.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- An understanding of budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
- Confident in public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Fundraising code of ethics, Competency in MS Office/ Excel/Word/PPT
Job Title: Driver ( 3 Posts)
Duty station: 1 Arusha District Council, 1 Karatu District
Council and 1 National Office-Dares Salaam
Reporting to: Admin Cum HR Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Driver is responsible for meeting transportation needs of the SOS
Children’s Villages .In doing so, he carries an important
responsibility, being entrusted with the lives of staff, Children,
properties and the reputation of SOS Children’s Villages. Always present
as a role model for the Village children.
- Fulfills transport needs for SOS Children’s Villages programs.
- Ensures Safety of the vehicle, staff and their properties.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
- Maintains the safety and security of the Vehicle by ensure the vehicle is full equipped with safety material all the time.
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean and in good working condition all the time.
- Advises the Administrator on technical issues (minor and major repairs) of the vehicle as soon as the problem arises.
- Assist the Administrator to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated accordingly.
- Assist in the delivery/collection of mail, documents, equipment as instructed by the administrator.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external officials
the logbook is filled accordingly, kept up to date as per the schedules
of the trips and the responsible person sign the book after every trip.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- CSEE and Certificate from VETA, National Institute of Transport (NIT) or any recognized colleges / institutions.
- Must possess VIP driving Certificate
- Have valid driving license at all the time
- At least 3-5 years working experience preferably NGOs
- Basic knowledge on Child rights and Child protection
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
Job Title: Mama Msaidizi wa SOS at SOS Children’s Villages
Duty station: Arusha (2 posts)
Reporting to: Maratibu wa Malezi Mbadala
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Method of Application
apply for this position, send your application letter by email
describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you
the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and
updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at
least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will
submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size
photo. Closing date is 18th September, 2022. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania holds strict child safeguarding
principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual
harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places
where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical
competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due
emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough
background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.