is committed for social justice, gender equality and ending poverty. It
started development programs in the country in 1998 as a cross-border
initiative by ActionAid Kenya and later transformed into a full-fledged
Country Programme in 2000. Since then, it has rolled out three Country
Strategy Papers and currently implementing the fourth strategic paper
(2018-2022), making contribution to the development of the country. It
is an Affiliate member of the ActionAid International (AAI) Federation
which is a global justice organization working towards social justice,
gender equality and eradication of poverty.
programs in the mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar. At local level, it has
long term commitment in selected district-based Local Rights Programs
(LRPs) where it has been working directly with communities and local
partners in Mafia, Unguja, Pemba, Kilwa, Tandahimba, Newala, Chamwino
and Singida. At national level, the organization has been partnering
with national and international organizations, networks, coalitions, and
forums to influence policies and strategies in favour of people living
in poverty through engaging with government ministries and law makers
besides its participation in international solidarity actions.
AATZ envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently,
the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced, and
self-motivated people to fill in the following vacant posts below….
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Accountant – 2 posts
Workstation: Head Office, Dar es Salaam Reports to: Finance Manager Department: Finance
accountant will be responsible for day-to-day general management and
administration of the organization’s finance & accounts functions.
The post holder works within the framework of International and Local
Financial Policies and Procedures manuals set by ActionAid Global
Secretariat (GS) and the ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) respectively ensuring
all ActionAid policies & procedures, donor regulations, accounting
standards and local laws are complied with at all times.
to design and present for approval Forms and Templates (i.e. financial
expenditure tracking tools) and share them with staff and partners.
visits to Local Rights Programs (LRP), partners at National level and
LRP levels as per schedule agreed with the Line Manager to ensure that
all procedures being carried out are in accordance with the relevant
Policies and Procedures and review progress of implementation against
agreed work plans
financial information from LRP, implementing partners and for donor
funded project for accuracy, and completeness against set guidelines
before further transfer fund.
- Verify and input financial
information including income remittances, expenditures from the LRPs and
partners and other accountabilities into theSUN systems
reconciliations of subsidiary schedules/records, suspense sundry
debtors & creditors accounts ensuring no amounts are held unresolved
for undue periods of time
- Review payment requests and
retirement submitted to finance to ensure forms have been accurately
filled and accompanied by relevant supporting documents, correctly input
into SUN System and process payments.
- Ensure all online instructions/cheques are accompanied by relevant and approved documents before signoff
out all bank transactions, submission of bank authority letters,
collection of bank statements, depositing receipts, and other functions
- Ensure timely preparation of AATZ and donor reports in respective required format and submission Finance Manager for review.
- Prepare and share budget variance reports for each budget unit and follow up for feedback including explanation of variance
- Monitor reporting deadlines and communicate them to all related staff to ensure reports are submitted on time
- Preparation of foreign exchange processing and related bank transfer instructions both local processing and GS related
update and ensure that all other funds remitted / transferred in favor
of the Country Paper are duly documented and posted into the ledger.
- Prepare and process necessary Budget information & data for LRPs, Projects, themes and functions at the Head Office.
- Ensure all period transactions are posted in the SUN system before period closure.
for and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors by way of
participating in pre-audit meeting, prepare audit schedules as per
checklist made available and any other pertinent supporting analysis and
provide information requested by Auditors.Give guidance to staff in
developing proposals and budgets that are realistic and meets all key
donor requirements Essential Experience:
Key donor requirements
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in mainstream finance in a busy & reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or Business
Administration or Financial Management with accounting option from a
recognized Institution or other related area
qualification/Membership of a reputable Professional Accountancy body
such as Local Accountancy body, ACCA, CPA is a major requirement
- Sound practical knowledge of SUN systems and spread sheet
- Computer literate and ability to use accounting systems, word processing, spread sheet, and e-mail and Internet.
- Auditing awareness
- Planning, Budgeting and budgetary control
- Asset inventory management
- Payroll processing and management
- Procurement knowledge
- Financial records management & reporting.
Essential Skills & Ability:
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and managing priorities
- Sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
NB: Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license
MODE OF APPLICATION
apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and
state your gross salary expectation per month and send to Head of Human
Resources Organizational Development & Support Service, through
Closing date: 18th September 2022 at 14.00hrs.
Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Accountant” in your email subject.
all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual
merits, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Thanks for reading 2 New Job Vacancies at ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) – Accountants