Plus is a local Non-Governmental Organization registered under NGOs Act
no.24 of 2002 in Tanzania. Afya Plus is an affiliate of IntraHealth
International Inc, a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Chapel
Hill, North Carolina, USA, with more than 40 years of experience in
over 100 countries in health systems strengthening and service delivery.
As a local affiliate, Afya Plus brings a deep understanding of the
country context and offers a route towards local self-reliance, working
to be a key partner of the Government of Tanzania (GoT). Afya Plus
envisions a community with quality health care services for everyone,
achieved by strengthening the quality and accessibility of Tanzania’s
health care system, working in partnership with the GoT, civil society
organizations, for-profit firms and other key stakeholders to support
improved service delivery outcomes in the country.
Plus is in the Tohara Plus project consortium led by IntraHealth
International that supports the GoT to stregthen and accelerate the
scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV
prevention for maximum public health impact with funding support from
the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Afya Plus is soliciting applications from excellent candidates to fill the vacant post below:
Afyaplus organization bringing clean water and sanitation programs in
the community, with focus on girls and women, education and Health.
WE ARE HIRING THE ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT VOLUNTEER AT AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION
Role: Assistant Accountant Volunteer
Duration: 6 Months
Terms of reference for Assistant Accountant Volunteer at Afyaplus Organization
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
1.0 ABOUT AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION
Organization is primarily focused on cultivating behavior change and
build a strong community through promotion of water sanitation and
hygiene services and empowerment of young girls and women through
involvement of relevant stakeholders.
We have strengthened water
sanitation and hygiene services in schools within Iringa region and
interventions have impacted nearly 203,141 lives in 99 schools.
Reporting To: Afyaplus Executive Director
2.0 JOB DESCRIPTION
ORGANIZATION is seeking a qualified Assistant Accountant Volunteer aged
18 to 35 to join our team. AFYAPLUS is a non-profit and non-business
organization registered under the NGO act dealing with prevention and
control of diseases through Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH),
Adolescence and Young Women Empowerment.
3.0 JOB SUMMARY
are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and
experienced Assistant Accountant Volunteer to strengthen our team and
who will be responsible for Resource Mobilization activities of the organization.
- To assist in preparation of Organization and Project budget.
- To assist in creating and implementing financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- To assist and contribute to Organization financial audits.
- To assist in managing records and receipts of all income and expenses
- To assist in reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
- To assist in preparation of balance sheets.
- To assist in developing an in-depth knowledge of organization products and process.
- To assist in being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
assist in monitoring the day -to-day financial operations within a
company, such as payroll, invoicing and other transactions.
assist in ensuring that the organization is adhering to all statutory
demands such as payment of tax, NSSF and Medical insurance
- To assist in coordinating logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- To do any other relevant activity or assignment as it may be directed by the Executive
- Director KPI’s
- Submit at least 2 new application project budgets once per month.
- Conduct at least 1 interim internal audit once per quarter
- Submit at least 2 statutory payments once per month.
- Oversee payroll once per month.
- Coordinate 1 financial audit once per year.
- To Prepare 1 annual budget in the beginning of the year.
- To submit at least 3 Funding Proposal per Month.
- To keep the finance software and drive up to once per month
- Lead at least 1 project in every 6 months
5.0 JOB REQUIREMENT
Qualifications and Experience
degree holder in one of the following Accounting and finance, Business
administration in accounting or other a related field, Master’s degree
will add advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on the same field or fresh graduate may apply
to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the
ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable.
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial reporting.
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, good writing and editorial skills.
Interested Persons will be required to submit the following details to the address below.
- Application Letter
- Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualifications and experience.
- 3 contacts of relevant referees.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION,
The application can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application direct to our office at Gangilonga – Iringa MC nearby Toyota Garage / ASAS Tower, not later than 11th September 2022.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at Afya Plus Organization Tanzania – Assistant Accountant