an international leader in mechanized hard rock-underground mining. AUMS
is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company
and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We
are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with
Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt,Ghana, and Burkina
Faso and in Australia and India. We are driven by the continued success
at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in
terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and
expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking
for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who
are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our
clients. In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment
We look forward to receiving your application for the following jobs positions below…
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
position is responsible for all preventative, scheduled and breakdown
maintenance on all of the mines electrical activities as guided by your
immediate supervisors and trainers.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A strong Safety focus and ability to ensure a safe workplace through daily inspections and rectification of hazards.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to:
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
- Carries out schedule electrical servicing and repairs in a safe manner.
- Carries out all repairs in accordance with AUMS procedures.
- Completes all service sheets and documents additional repairs completed during servicing.
- Install and maintain mine communications systems. (Leaky feeder)
- Install and maintain mine primary and secondary ventilation systems.
- Maintain l-Kon firing lines.
- Maintain mine dewatering systems including Flygt and Stalker pump rebuilds.
- Maintains a high level of housekeeping in the working areas at all times.
- Read and interpret Service sheets and Spare parts manuals.
- Advise immediate supervisor of parts used and any additional part requirements.
- Report all faults to the Supervisor ASAP.
- Underground Mining experience in hard rock mechanised mine would be beneficial
- Must have exposure to Sandvik Drill Equipment Jumbo, Solo, Q-Bex
- Strong background working in underground mining.
- Able to operate all types of hand tools.
- Understanding maintenance procedures.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Excellent service and maintenance approach to the job.
- Willingness to learn and gain further experience.
- Positive attitude to labour intensive duties.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License
- Basic First Aid Knowledge
- Recognised trade qualification as an Electrician.
- Above average numeracy and verbal/written English
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to
AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters should reach the above on or before 07th September 2022,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS (T) Limited
does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be
asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity,
please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 123 or+255 682