One Acre Fund Iringa, Tanzania
About the job
About One Acre Fund
in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the
agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more
productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and
professions. With operations across six core African countries, we make
farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit,
delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural
training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest
50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
About the Role
procurement team in Tanzania oversees over $0.5 million in expenditures
each year across more than 350 transactions and is also responsible for
all purchases of operational goods and services on behalf of over
100,000 smallholder farmers. This team buys all the items needed to keep
our program running smoothly.
Working with the Procurement team
requires communication with our suppliers and the One Acre Fund teams
for which we procure goods and operational services. We are looking for a
Procurement Coordinator to help the Tanzania Procurement team put food
on farmers’ tables by giving customers access to the best quality
products, at the right time, every time, as cost-effectively as
You will help implement all local procurement
functions in Tanzania by sourcing operational goods and services from
vendors for all OAF offices in Tanzania. You will manage country
procurement stores and develop important projects to improve quality,
reduce costs and increase productivity, resulting in internal customer
satisfaction. You will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Conduct market research relating to operational goods and services.
- Strengthen our supplier database through ongoing market research.
- Assess prevailing market prices to estimate financial savings for the purchasing team.
- Maintain long-term business relationships with our suppliers, and establish new supplier relationships for our products.
- Carry out calls for tenders, selection of suppliers and purchases in Iringa and the regions.
- Negotiate the best prices for all goods and services purchased.
- Follow up with the finance team to ensure vendors are paid.
- Build relationships with requesting departments.
- Support the purchasing team in vendor management activities.
Deliveries and customer communication
- Negotiate the best delivery/payment terms with suppliers.
- Ensure the receipt of goods in the offices of the organization in Iringa and other regions.
- Collect all supporting documents for purchases from suppliers and share them with the SAP data administrator promptly.
Improve customer satisfaction through the use of proactive
communications – keeping customers constantly informed of the status of
- Help implement multiple procurement projects.
- Work with internal departments to develop procurement plans for their multiple projects.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction through upstream supplier relationships.
- Oversee the integrity of stock management across the procurement stores.
Formulate and design inventory positions for the [multiple stores/the
store] to ensure stock availability to meet requestor demands.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure delivery of goods (within 5 days) to requesters in the most cost-efficient ways
Apply best practices and reinforce adherence to standard operating
procedures to ensure “0” stock variance at all stores. Make regular
visits to stores.
efforts across stores to ensure quality control standards are met and
escalations or corrective actions are implemented.
- Assist store teams and customers (internal and external) with concerns by troubleshooting, tracking and providing resolutions.
Materials handling and reporting
- Plan and coordinate deliveries to requesters and across stores via well-defined schedules.
- Manage periodic QC reports and ensure overall data integrity of store operations.
- Collaborate with the data team to ensure on-time registration and correctness of inventory data in all systems.
Career Growth and Development
have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing
our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to
mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your
performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time
to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the
opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement/supply chain/logistics
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
- Experience in high collaboration with departments
- Can organize data and compile analyses using functions in either Excel or Google Sheets
- Purchasing/Supply Chain/Logistics training
- Language skills: fluent English and Kiswahili (mandatory)
- Proficiency in inventory management, inventory systems, storekeeping methods and procedures is essential.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Preferred Start Date As soon as possible
Job Location: Iringa, Tanzania
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Eligibility: This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Tanzania
Application Deadline 8 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
report any suspicious communication here
(firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or
application materials to this email address.
Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our
organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a
culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and
connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve
exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be
an equal opportunity workplace.