Deputy Country Director- Programmes
Career with BRAC International
is an award-winning international non-governmental development
organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of
exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to
realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing
cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and
disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in
conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and
for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and
social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity.
As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people
directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in
the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation
committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the
non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started
its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and
has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa.
BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of
programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education,
health, agriculture, gender and human rights.
Tanzania (BMT) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and
self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Deputy Country Director- Programmes, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Deputy Country Director – Programmes (DCD-P) is responsible for overall
programmatic leadership to deliver highest program quality standards in
accordance with BMT Country Strategy. This is achieved through proper
program design, effective coordination, technical support and guidance
to guarantee a cohesive team spirit and motivation to perform. S/he
manages and ensures resource mobilization, prioritization and
allocation, budgets, work plan coherence for impactful programming to
meet the expectation of various stakeholders. S/he also promotes
excellent working relationships with core, technical sectors and
implementing partners and supports integration of all program resources
in overall strategy. S/he networks with relevant in-country stakeholders
and donors and deputizes for the Country Director, as may be required.
Strategic management for the Country Program
- Has a shared leadership accountability for the Country program strategy to deliver impactful programming and operations in BMT.
- Supports the development of a culture that reflects the values, vision and mission of BMT.
- Supports BMT to deliver outstanding results for beneficiaries and is the main liaison focal with donors.
in designing and managing a coherent organisational structure that is
consistent with organisational practices and appropriate to program
- Participate in Board of Directors/BI Senior Management and Country management Team meetings.
Participate fully in the annual budget process, leading the program
budgeting process, and provide ongoing oversight and management of
Development and Implementation
- Has delegated responsibility for delivery of high-quality programming in line with the aspirations of the BMT country strategy.
overall funding process from donors including identifying strategic
leads, developing funding strategies that support country program
- In close coordination with PRL and in-country teams, lead the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals.
programs are implemented in ways responsive to the communities in line
with BRAC principles, approaches, values and compliance procedures.
- Working closely with government and grassroot organisations or groups to strengthen national capacity.
- Ensures program implementation staff are well versed and are effectively applying organisational policies and practices.
- Ensures preparation of timely and high quality institutional and donor reports that reflects the impact of BMT programs.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
program performance frameworks that outline the objectives, inputs,
outputs, outcomes and the indicators that will be used to measurements.
program teams to track and manage program milestones and deliverables,
ensuring that goals are met and deliverables are provided on time.
- Lead quarterly Programme Management Team (PMT) review meetings.
- Coordinate assessments, research, studies, evaluations in accordance with BRAC and donor guidelines.
action planning and execution to resolve audit and evaluation findings
and recommendations in a conclusive and timely manner.
learning by ensuring information that is gathered during the
implementation is used for accountability and to modify implementation
Networking and Partnership
to establish, maintain, and improve active working relationships with
the host government authorities at central and local levels.
organisation in sector working groups, network/alliance meetings,
events and forums at national and international levels.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, participating in BRAC-wide and regional initiatives
effective partnerships and information flow and communication at all
levels as per standard procedures and guidelines of the organisation.
- Initiate and nurture networks and alliances with academia, and research institutions.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
appropriate staffing within Programs Department/unit including at field
office levels for all staff to understand and to perform their roles.
- Manages Program team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed.
- Manages the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate.
Staff Safety and Security
with the Safety and Security focal persons to ensure that minimum
operating standards are met by field teams and that periodic security
assessments are carried out and reports submitted to the Country Senior
Management team on time.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy.
as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for
Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported
and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and
actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Master’s Degree in development related discipline/business/education/social sciences/ other related fields.
- Strong strategic and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to take a strategic view across a large complex program.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, editing and reporting
- Good knowledge of financial and administrative management
- Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency and flexibility
- Ability to mobilize and influence different audiences and communities
minimum of 10 years management experience in an NGO or other
humanitarian environment, including significant field operations in
running development programs.
- Good understanding of program areas that includes education, health, food security/livelihoods, youth and women empowerment.
experience in designing and winning competitive proposals for major
institutional donors as well as managing grants including compliance
with the donor standards.
- Excellent knowledge for establishing and managing of a strong monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for complex programs.
knowledge and experience of effective financial and budgetary control
and supporting projects to stay on course with implementation.
general management and communication skills, including ability to
communicate effectively with people of varied professional and cultural
- Previous experience of managing and developing a
sizeable team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others to
achieve high impact results.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Tanzania Office, Dar-es-salaam with frequent field travel.
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning
educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 92/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 8 September 2022
is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and
expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We
believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work
with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse,
neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race,
religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or
ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include
extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order
to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at BRAC International Tanzania, Deputy Country Director- Programmes