Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ)
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ)
in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ) is a Non-Governmental
Organization (NGO) registered in Tanzania since 2018 with a mandate to
operate in the country, and part of the Hand in Hand Global Network. Our
vision is to empower the society, especially women, through the
creation of sustainable enterprises and jobs. HIHEA (TZ) currently leads field operations through two branches, in Moshi and Arusha.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
organization works with marginalized communities in the areas of
economic and social empowerment using a participatory approach aimed at
helping people fight poverty and vulnerability. The Hand in Hand
enterprise and job creation approach is based on a philosophy of
self-help, providing training, skills and support to enable people
living in poverty, particularly women, to build and sustain independent,
market-based, economic activities. This provides for a higher level of
income for them and their families, which in turn contributes to greater
food security, better education for children, and increased access to
healthcare, improved housing, and overall improved livelihoods.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS.
REF.NO: HEA BA 01/2022(1) POST.
position is responsible for effective financial management at Branch
level. The responsibilities include processing of accounting
transactions, preparation of branch financial reports, and support on
donor compliance and reporting issues in line with professional
standards, and the organization’s policies, procedures, structures and
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Branch Manager to prepare accurate and annual budgets.
- Monitor and analyses branch budget vs actual, identify variances and take corrective action for variances.
- Ensure that petty cash disbursements, accounting, re-imbursement and update of all relevant expenses are done on time.
- Raise internal requisitions for all supplies at the Branch in accordance with the HiH EA
- procurement policy.
- Manage stationery stocks in the branches with monthly stock takes and variance analysis and action thereof.
all the expenses in line with approved budgets and liaise with Branch
Manager and Project Accountant, where applicable, on areas of expense
requisition or misappropriation of funds.
- Undertake timely reconciliation and processing of payment of branch liabilities.
out timely posting in the accounting system and reconciliation of all
branch operations (e.g. clientele, savings, loans, fees, loan payments,
revenues, commissions etc.).
- Monitor Branch performance, making
sure that reports are accurate and share system reports with Branch
Manager and staff as appropriate.
- Designated bank agent for purposes of accessing HiH EA bank statements.
timely preparation of bank reconciliations, stationery reconciliations,
and expense posting schedules and send reports to the Project
- Reconcile fuel receipts to be in line with work tickets balances.
the role of approver in MIS and the contact person on issues relating
to MIS system accuracy, efficiency and availability.
- Undertake asset coding, quarterly verification and submit to HQ a signed copy of list of assets for the Branch.
in carrying out due diligence and evaluation of customer’s credit
applications as a member of credit committee at the Branch level.
due diligence and vetting of quotations received from suppliers and
ensure that expenses incurred are in line contractual terms of the
project at the Branch.
- Maintain safe use and custody of passwords for computerized accounting systems.
charge of safe custody of auditable documents filed at the Branch and
must maintain safe and proper record keeping by filling source
documents, vouchers and any other supporting accounting documents for
- Carry out trial balance analysis to guarantee
correctness of the balances, coding and transaction management and
verify and approve journal vouchers raised to correct errors.
- Deduct and remit statutory deductions, where applicable.
internal audit processes by giving all the necessary information and
auditable documents, and acting on the feedback given thereafter.
that the organizations assets and other resources are safeguard from
financial loss through theft, fraud or errors by adherence to
professional standards and policies, procedures, structures and systems
of the organization.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, and appraise the Accounts Assistant at the Branch.
- Train and capacity build Branch staff on accounting and financial management.
- Undertake any other assignment as may be directed by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Holder of bachelor degree in accounting/Finance and any other related field.
- CPA(T) is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and other computer application packages.
- High level of integrity to be able to handle assets, cash and cash related transactions.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail to be able to scrutinize payment supporting documents before effecting payment.
- Good analytical skills and report writing skills.
- Basic auditing skills.
- Effective communication both oral and written in English and Kiswahili.
- Good organizing skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to email@example.com on or before close of business by 31st August, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PO Box 7152 Arusha.