|World Health Organization (WHO)
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies United Nations at World Health Organization (WHO) 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) Jobs, 2022
Individual Consultant – To assist with Response to Polio Outbreak in Tanzania – (2207690)
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 04 months
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
with experience in country support to assist countries at risk of polio
outbreak from neighboring countries and to assist with intensification
of surveillance, routine immunization and immunization campaign. The
consultants with experience in strengthening AFP surveillance, routine
immunization and conducting MR, IPV, OPV and integrated campaigns.
consultant will assist with improving quality of immunization campaigns
and surveillance for poliovirus for eradication of poliomyelitis due to
wild or vaccine related poliovirus in case it happens in Tanzania and
to detect and interrupt any new outbreaks due to wild or vaccine-derived
polioviruses more rapidly.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
the direct supervision of the WHO Polio Team Leader, the incumbent will
perform the required duties within the framework of WHO program and
Summary of Assigned Duties
- Monitor progress and identify risks in regions and districts assigned.
activities to enhance Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP) surveillance,
including rapid surveillance assessments, development of action plans to
improve surveillance, evaluation of the impact of these plans, and
training/orientation of national and sub-national staff.
and manage approaches in assigned regions that can achieve polio
eradication while contributing to strengthening routine immunization
- Assist with preparations for Polio immunization campaign readiness.
technical guidance for coordination and planning of Supplementary
Immunization Activities (SIA) planning in outbreak-affected regions as
well as SIA activities to reduce vulnerability in countries at high risk
- Evaluate and document outbreak response
activities to ensure that all lessons learned are effectively
incorporated into current best practices.
- Submit a weekly and monthly report.
- Perform other duties, as may be requested by the supervisor.
Major output from consultant:
a summary report with all surveillance indicators monthly and provide
feedback to regions and districts. Produce mission reports after each
field surveillance visit and submit to IVD Team leader.
- Provide a list of surveillance priority sites and a matrix for supportive supervision.
- Produce report of regional review meetings and comprehensive report of performance quarterly to IVD Team leader.
- Produce a report of the status of preparations for the Polio campaign and implementation
Masters degree in medical/health field, a degree in Public Health,
Epidemiology, Health Services Management or related field.
- Desirable: PhD on Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Services Management or related sector will be an added value
- Essential: At least 5 years working in the health sector in Tanzania.
- Desirable: Experience in working with UN Agencies, NGOs, or the Health sector will be an added value
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Use of language skills
- Essential: English at an expert level is a mandatory requirement
- Desirable: Swahili language will be an asset in performing the duties
Specific skills required:
- Good knowledge in computer and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Good understanding of the Tanzania health system;
- Good understanding of immunization services ;
- Experience in working as National STOP Polio team
- Considerable experience in Vaccine-preventable diseases surveillance especially AFP and measles case-based surveillance.
- Experience in working with multiple health sector stakeholders;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Indepeth understanding of the Expanded Program on Immunisation is a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people of diverse background to resolving problems while promoting effective team work.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
The consultant will be paid as per NO-B/ICS 9 scale per month and allowances for travel will be provided including transport.
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2022, 6:27:35 PM
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2022, 12:59:00 AM
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity UN at WHO Tanzania – Individual Consultant