Location: Dares Salaam
Start date: October 1, 2022
University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year
Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention- Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and
health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry
of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children
(MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for
AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs). We are
recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO
‘Global Programs’ to serve as a Data Visualization Technical Lead.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is a full-time position with an initial contract through September 2023
and the possibility of extension subject to continued funding. The
position is expected to start on October 1, 2022.
Main duties and responsibilities:
the supervision of the HIS Director for Tanzania, the Data
Visualization Technical Lead will support the Global Programs in-country
team in their work with CDC to continuously improve the quality,
analysis, and use of HIV and AIDS-related health data, including through
data modelling, data analysis, and visualization. This person will
translate programmatic questions into answers through visualizations and
dashboards, providing guidance on how to best visualize data and how
data can be used to answer programmatic questions and guide programmatic
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Specific responsibilities include:
guidance on how best to visualize data to respond to programmatic
questions and to communicate key findings and analysis results.
- Develop data visualizations using PowerBI and other data visualisation tools
development of new and improved strategies for analyzing and
visualizing routine HIV and AIDS data at all levels of the health system
- Lead customisation of DHIS2 implementation (Datasets and Dashboard designs)
- Lead the data modelling processes (using modular Bl design)
- Oversee implementation of modular Bl approach
- Lead documentation of data dictionaries for various data models
- Analyze routine HIV and AIDS-related health data
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
Master’s degree in health informatics, public health, epidemiology,
biostatistics, mathematics or related fields or a Bachelor’s degree in
computer science, software engineering, or information systems with 10+
years of experience in health-related M&E is required.
of five years of professional experience working in public health in a
data focused position that included both analysis and visualization
- Demonstrated data visualization and dashboard development skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of routine HIV and AIDS health data, including national data collection systems, tools, and reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Power Bl or Tableau.
- Knowledgeable on database modelling using entity relationship diagram (ERD).
- Knowledge of DHIS2 customisation and implementation.
experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant
relational database engines as part of the overall application
architecture (experience with at least two of the following is highly
desirable: MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS Access).
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Python and other common programming languages is an added advantage.
- Ability to work successfully in a team and lead a team.
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks undertight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, work under deadlines, work with minimal supervision and multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the
minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
- A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees, one of which is from your current employer.
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by August 26th, 2022.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 26, 2022
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at at UCSF Tanzania – Data Visualization Technical Lead