BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited,
the CONTRACTOR for the Engineering, procurement and Construction of the
Jetty and Load Out Facilities in the Tanga Bay for the East African
Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project, invites application for Community
Liaison Officer (CLO) vacancy.
Project EACOP – Jetty & Loading Out Facility (Jetty & LOF) Construction
Employer Besix Ballast Nedam Limited (BBN)
Work Location Chongoleani Peninsula – Tanga
Position Title Community Liaison Officer (CLO)
Reports To: BBN Social Leader
Employment Duration October 2022 to October 2023 (1 year)
Job Type Full Time
Work Rotation To be confirmed
Number of Candidates To be confirmed
Working Days/ Hours 6 days per week (to be complied with relevant regulations)
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Purpose and scope of assignment.
Community Liaison Officer is responsible for implementation of key
aspects of the BBN Stakeholder Engagement Plan and is the primary
interface with communities most closely located to BBN activities. The
CLO reports to the BBN Social Lead. The CLO maintains an ongoing
interface with the BBN Site Construction Manager on all community
related issues arising from the BBN work activities.
represents and supports BBN engagements with communities and local
government authorities; communicate BBN’s upcoming construction
activities and awareness of how and when these activities will occur and
how they will be managed. The CLO is responsible for recording and
reporting Project-related grievances raised by community members.
The CLO position is a full-time site-based position and will be accommodated in Tanga Town.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Develop understanding of District, Ward, Village and Hamlet level stakeholders and how they may be affected by BBN activities.
understanding of BBN construction activities, BBN work locations
(direct and indirect)and the types of community engagement required and
keep communities informed of BBN upcoming activities.
- Implement BBN’s Stakeholder Engagement work plan
- Interface with BBN Site representative and EACOP CLO on construction activities
- Develop and share BBN Project information with EACOP CLO and Communities.
- Keep BBN updated on community issues, feedback and highlight potential community related risks to BBN for action.
- Record and report community questions and Project-related concerns and participate in preparing and providing timely responses.
- Implement EACOP Project Grievance Mechanism and coordinate with the EACOP to resolve grievance related to BBN activities.
detailed records of all stakeholder engagement supporting information,
including minutes of meetings, attendance registers, photos, and written
records; and maintain a database of all hard/soft copies for sharing
- Maintain a register of, and record all stakeholder
concerns, issues and any other stakeholder feedback relating to BBN
construction activities for action with BBN Social Lead.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly construction stakeholder engagement inputs and reports as required.
- Support BBN construction activities and engagement activities as needed by BBN Social Lead and BBN Construction Manager.
Job Qualification, Experience and Skills
Applicants should demonstrate the following;
citizen with a Bachelor’s degree in social science, sociology,
environmental science, Public Relations, communications or other
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English & Swahili is required
- At least 5 years of professional experience conducting stakeholder engagement in rural communities.
- At least 3 years of construction related experience preferred.
- Clean record with no history of imprisonment or engagement in criminal / gang related activities
- Experience in conducting engagement activities with authorities including associated protocols.
level of interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and
maintain good relations, in a wide range, with stakeholders including a
high level of discretion, Diplomacy and ability to Manage conflict and
gain consensus, required
- High degree of organization and ability to organize team task and objectives is essential
- Proven ability to work independently, advance required tasks and meeting deadline is essential
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills required, proven attention to essential detail
computer skills, including MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint,
MS teams and experience in using data management software preferred
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
All applications should be sent by email to email@example.com (Max. Email & attachment size: 20 MBs) on or before 01st September 2022, 6PM Tanzanian Time.
PLEASE NOTE, if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after this publication, consider your application unsuccessful.