|Medical Teams International|
Medical Teams International Tanzania 2022
Medical Teams International
Reports to Operations Director Technical: NA
Location Medical Teams – Kasulu
Work Days & Hours Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends, and public holidays
Supervises Direct: 1 Technical: 2
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Finance Manager is responsible for the overall management of all
financial operations, financial reporting activities and the finance
team. He/she will advise the Country Director in all financial-related
issues and on occasions report to external donors and partners.
regular meetings and actively engage at country level management
planning and activities and providing technical input to the overall
operation of the country program.
- Integrate Finance activities
within all program departments and support teams; fostering
collaborative, coordinated and close working relations.
- Provide overall management and coordination of the country office finance activities and finance team.
for the implementation of Medical Teams International’s finance
policies and procedures, ensure effective financial management, asset
management and financial accountability within the
- country office.
- Responsible for financial management including banking, cash flow and asset management.
and approve transactions in ERP (when finalized) and ensure a
soft-close is made by 6th of every month ready for HQ review.
- Ensure quality and accurate monthly and year end finance reporting.
Budget and Donor Finance Management
- Support the Country Manager in the budgeting process and ensure review, consolidation and submission of country budget.
- Support annual planning and lead in annual and project budget preparation of the country program and
- provide support to the team.
- Compile the projects financial information and budgets in a comprehensive country finance budget/
- plan for the review by the Country Manager.
- Verify budgets prepared by program teams for accuracy and advise on design for optimum monitoring.
- Sign off on budgets before submission to the Country Manager for authorization
- Ensure that donor requirements, policies and procedures are met.
the donor reporting schedule and the program business cycle to ensure
timely and accurate financial donor reports are prepared and submitted
consistent with narrative reports.
- Work with the headquarters Finance team to manage the preparation of financial reports of donors according to set deadlines.
a complete audit trail from primary documentation to the accounting
system for accurate and rapid donor reporting and general record
- Support program staff in the preparation of program and
project budgets, as well as annual Medical Teams International budgets
and manage the preparation of financial projections/forecasts necessary
for effective monitoring and review.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Operational Financial Management and Compliance
- Ensure that all financial procedures are consistent with Medical Teams International standards, are
- clearly defined, understood and are implemented effectively.
- Ensure finance policies, systems and procedures changes are communicated and implemented
- appropriately through regular communications.
- Advise headquarters and country office management of any challenges/developments in governments
- policies, statutory and legal requirements in Tanzania with regard to the financial function.
- Supervise the preparation of routine (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual) management reports to meet
- the needs of headquarters and in-country management.
- Ensure payments are released after thorough verification by checking the documentation, relevant
- budget codes and ensuring the mathematical accuracy.
- Ensure internal control mechanisms are in place and implemented.
- Ensure effective asset management in close collaboration with logistics.
- Liaise with banks, auditors, donors and local tax authorities.
- Take lead in audit preparation, sourcing external auditors and support program staff in preparation for
- external and internal audits.
- Ensure that audit recommendations are implemented and maintained.
People Management and Capacity Building
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of finance staff.
- Support the Country Manager on all matters of finance specifically budget preparation, monitoring,
- control and reporting with a view to ensuring good financial standards are met.
- Bring significant risks, real and potential to the attention of the Country Manager and headquarters VP
- Finance and Administration.
- Be familiar with the laws of the country and ensure organizational compliance; support Country
- Manager to ensure that the organization adheres to all relevant statutory/legal requirements in country.
- Lead on project partner organization assessments re: finance and grants management.
- Build finance management capacity of national partner organizations to meet the compliance
- requirements of the Government, Donors and Medical Teams International.
- Regular finance monitoring visits to partner organizations and follow up monitoring visits
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting & Finance. Required
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Certification and Membership: CPA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA (ACPA Membership is preferred).
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in finance management
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant INGO experience is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements especially UN Partners, OFDA, US Government, etc.
- Management systems software e.g., Unit 4; SAP, Navision, NetSuite, Sun system.
- Expertise in the application of strategic financial management and experience in maximizing resource
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Proven experience managing donor reporting schedules and production of donor reports.
- Strong budget preparation and personnel management skills.
- Flexible, e.g., ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented, e.g., ability to maintain accurate records.
- A good command of both written and spoken English; fluent in Swahili.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work independently with minimum supervision and within a
- team; patient, trustworthy, understanding and of a pleasant character.
- High degree of analytical skills.
- Ability to operate and think strategically, coupled with proven analytical skills and ability to make firm
- Ability to communicate effectively & professional both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees and
- external clients.
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living
above job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and
skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the
job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute
an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is
subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of
the job change.
interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their
application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three
work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Finance Manager
Application Deadline: 22nd of August 2022 at 1700HRS.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Beware that Medical Teams does not charge a fee at any stage of its
recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing
application, or any other fee).
Medical Teams does not request any information related to bank accounts.
If asked of any payment, please contact email@example.com
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Medical Teams International Tanzania – Finance Manager