Mara Gold Mine Ltd
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Barrick – North
Mara Gold Mine Limited, 2022
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
Underground Production Manager
Tarime, Mara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Underground
Production Manager to join and grow their team. Underground Production
Manager is responsible to manage all underground operations. Leads the
mine operation team responsible for safe production and development in a
manner that fosters individual accountability within clearly
established parameters to ensure maximum productivity while adhering to
provincial safety and Environmental regulations, Company policy and
procedure, and good management practices.
the Underground mining operation in compliance with Tanzanian Mining
(safe working) Regulations and Barrick’s Health Safety and Environmental
- Leadership necessary to ensure that
employees and contractors adhere to safety standards that exceed world
industry standards and any applicable legislation and achieve Zero Lost
Time Injury (LTI) Frequency Rate.
- Assist in developing mine
plans with the mine planning department and execute the mining plan to
ensure optimum exploitation of North Mara ore body.
- Manage the Underground mining operation to ensure ore is delivered to the ROM stockpile at optimum cost and in a timely manner.
management and leadership with Engineering Manager and Geology Manager
to ensure best results for equipment availability, utilization and
optimum dilution control and ore reserve management.
- Develop and
implement monitoring systems and procedures to ensure all underground
mining costs are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported,
followed up and remedied.
- Create a working environment which
ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their
full potential by developing and implementing effective training and
- Continually review every aspect of the mine
department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase
shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee
performance, in order to identify and remedy substandard performance and
- Play a leading role in all appropriate industry
committees, government working parties and community groups to ensure
that North Mara interests are represented and protected.
in the North Mara senior management team to ensure that targets for
resources exploitation, capital management, cost control, safety
performance, employee development, environmental management and
corporate governance are achieved.
- Manage Succession Planning
within the Underground Mining Team to ensure progressive development of
Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient
utilization of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects;
and encourage teamwork across the departments.
- Manage business
decisions and transaction in compliance to the Company Code of Ethics
and compliance to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) law and standards.
the Underground mining fleet dispatching system is fully functional and
operational and is used to maximum efficiency for optimal mine
- Ensure all equipment damages are reduced to zero with an effective drive on operational excellence.
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
that the environmental policy and environmental objectives are
established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the
context of the organization.
- Ensuring that the resources needed for the environmental management system are available.
the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming
to the environmental management system requirements.
- Ensuring that the environmental management system achieves its intended outcomes.
- Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
continual improvements and supporting other relevant management roles
to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their area of
- Degree in Mining Engineering or similar Technical Degree that is supported by practical work experience in Underground Mining
Experience and Competencies needed
of 15 years progressive experience in large Underground hard rock
mining with at least 5 years recent experience in the Gold mining
industry, of which 5 years in a managerial role, is essential.
- Underground Mining operation management.
- Strategic and short term mine planning.
- Underground Mining equipment selection and performance.
- Contracts and Contractor management.
- Strong conceptual thinking ability.
- Resilience and Resourcefulness.
- Performance Orientation.
- Strong Influencing Skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls.
- Experience with operations and project development in a developing country environment.
- Awareness of culture, business environment and infrastructures issues.
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees in developing country
What We Can Offer
- You A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Posting Date 08/13/2022, 12:49 PM
Apply Before 09/09/2022, 12:49 PM
Locations North Mara Location
Thanks for reading Underground Production Manager at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited 2022