|Citi Bank Tanzania
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
Citi Bank Tanzania Jobs
Job Req ID 22541926
Primary Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Category Risk Management
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by
building out Institutional Credit Management (ICM), a new function in
the 1st Line of Defense, to house and consistently manage credit risk
activities performed across its Institutional Client Group (ICG)
organization. ICM’s objective is to provide integrated “end-to-end”
credit underwriting, identification, measurement [management, and
monitoring for wholesale credit risk across the ICG. Within ICM, the
Credit Underwriting function (ICM-UW) provides analysis, greenlight,
underwriting, 1st Line of Defense credit approval and subsequent credit
monitoring across all ICG wholesale credit businesses including Banking
Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA), Global Structured Products,
Financings & Securitizations (GSP-F&S), Treasury & Trade
Solutions (TTS), and Markets & Securities Services (MSS).
Tanzania Corporate Credit Underwriter (“Tanzania Underwriter”) covers
large and complex relationships with corporates, financial institutions
and public sector clients in Tanzania with potential coverage in other
countries in East Africa, being responsible for all underwriting
activities, in partnership with BCMA and Risk (2nd Line of Defense).
This role reports directly to the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) ICM Corporate
Credit Underwriting Cluster Head.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
aligned with global and regional strategies, all responsibilities
regarding underwriting, including, but not limited to:Adoption of
leading practices in credit analysis, underwriting, and monitoring,
including the end-to-end underwriting process, from early origination
discussions, to development of credit approval memos, and senior
- Ensure Credit Approval Memo (CAM) packages are complete and accurate
reviews of financial data, projection modeling, stress testing, and
other in-depth analysis performed by junior resources in IRAU (the ICG
Risk Analysis Unit)
- Balance business opportunities within Citi’s Risk appetite framework
- Facilitate relationships with key clients in Banking and Risk and with key Regulators, Internal Audit, and control functions
- Support the ICM-UW leadership on strategic initiatives/projects
- Support Voice of the Employee initiatives
SPECIFIC RISK EXPERIENCE:
credit approval authority (or similar designation) covering large and
complex underwritings, capital commitments, and derivatives with
- Experience in and exposure to global credit risk management standards
- Ability to understand capital markets products and complex financing and product structures
- Ability to implement change and develop best practices throughout an organization.
to provide strategic insights and strong sensitivity to macro and
regulatory issues, and impact of such issues on the various Risk
families, including operational and franchise risks
- Able to
discuss and address issues associated with the allocation of risk assets
and risk capital in partnership with banking and product organizations
- Proven ability to effectively engage with regulators and
internal control functions including Internal Audit and Fundamental
Credit Risk as well as with external audit
CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS / BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP:
part of the 1st Line of Defense, the ability to find the right balance
that achieves the aims of the business while managing Citi’s risk
- Understanding the nuances of local markets, local regulation, and the capabilities and practices of competitors
- Navigate organizational complexity and break silos
- Create and sustain a network of strong partnerships with the business in all segments & geographies and risk functions
- Provide well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships
- Proven track record of partnering with global peers in leveraging and implementation of best practices
- 10+ years of corporate banking, credit risk and/or corporate finance work experience at banks/financial institutions
- Candidates with less experienced but outstanding track record could be consider for the role as VP/C13
- Senior Credit Officer designation (or similar) is preferred
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex environment
- Can make decisions under pressure and short timeline
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating ability, resolve conflicts amongst various constituencies
- Excellent presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and various constituencies
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Decisions
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a
disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools
and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Citi Bank Group Tanzania – Corporate Credit Underwriter