Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Lifewater International (LI) Jobs
POSITION: Account Assistant
Reports to: Project Accountant
Duty Station: Shinyanga
position is necessary to ensure that the project can deliver the
required level of reporting to country office, Lifewater headquarters
and pertinent local government stakeholders.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Account Assistant will work closely with the Project Accountant to
ensure there is accurate and timely grant reporting, Country Office
Finance reporting, audits and any adhoc reporting requirements and
provide the required level of detail and rigorous financial and other
analyses. Also, will ensure close coordination with other units to
ensure quality of budgetary information at the time of proposal
development as well as monthly reviews as well as streamlining Program
financial accountability requirements.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
monthly Income Tax, Provident and Pension Contribution, Pay As You Earn
(PAYE) and Insurance including office assets, and staff health
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Payment of monthly and quarterly WASH facilitator stipends.
- Process vendor payments and reconcile vendor accounts in the system.
- Preparing staff advances and reconciling staff accounts in the system.
- Monitoring day to day petty cash transactions in the office.
- Provide all relevant financial data on the program area to project management team on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all budgets are utilized according to the approved project document
- Work with Project Accountant to prepares books of accounts for external audit in time
- Provides acknowledgment receipts for wires from LI HQ to project account
- Support Project Accountant on fixed assets documentation, inventory management, and reporting
- Provide weekly briefs to Project Accountant /Area Program Manager
- Participate in Staff/Skype meetings
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by Project Accountant
Assistant Accountant works closely with the Project Accountant to
process staff salaries and benefits while maintaining confidentiality of
in any of the following fields: Business Studies, Accountancy, Business
Administration or any other related field. Ability to use Ms. excel,
and other accounting software packages such as QuickBooks will be an
- Ability to use the internet and e-mail
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably in an NGO setting preferably in an International Christian organization is desired.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and of report development
understanding of the reporting requirements of senior managers plus
ability to convey financial concepts to non-financial staff
- An understanding of organizational internal controls
- Experience in managing Staff health insurance schemes, PAYE, NSSF, GPA, provident fund
- Demonstrated experience managing master budgets with many different funding streams
- Must able to abide and live the Lifewater International values, able to cope with cross-cultural and denominational diversities
energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work
both independently and cooperatively within a team setting
- Well organized and efficient in time management whenever there is task pressure
team working skills and ability to develop and maintain effective
working relations at all levels both within and outside the team
- Ability to contribute towards resource stewardship
- Excellent command of the English language
- Punctual, honesty, dependable, servant leader, trust worthy, encourager, peace keeper, multi-tasking, and self-starter
Note: Apply this Job no later than 24 August 2022 through https://lifewater.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=86
Any application via email or postal address won’t be considered
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Lifewater International (Lifewater) – Account Assistant