|Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania|
Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania (AKHST)
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of
The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion
of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and
infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its
capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a
tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services
including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services and
neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma,
Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and
patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and
the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate
Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family
Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and
Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited
internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach,
AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located
across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across
the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced Net Zero Initiative Coordinator as described below:
NET ZERO INITIATIVE COORDINATOR – (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO THE FOCAL POINT, NET ZERO INITIATIVE
/ She Works with Climate change Lead towards behavior change and takes
steps towards sensitizing AKHS, T staff, patients and visitors towards
climate change and environmental stewardship.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
and oversee implementation of the identified action plans with leads in
procurement, support service, facilities management, and other areas.
specifications and pre-purchase technical appraisals for the equipment
and Plants need to be replaced under Net Zero Initiative.
- Prepares tender Documents follows on tendering process.
between end users, Facilities Management/Projects and procurement for
timely acquisition, installation, and hand over of the equipment and
- Once installation is complete monitors the
Performance of the Plants and equipment and measures the carbon, energy,
and financial savings from the Project.
- Acts as the Project lead till completion of all the installations
policies around staff practice, including energy use, selection and
purchasing of products and waste generation and management.
research, analyze data and find creative opportunities to achieve
reductions in carbon emissions in line with the over-all net zero
- Keep abreast of literature and developments in the field including within Tanzania and east African region
with Climate change Lead towards behavior change and takes steps
towards sensitizing AKHS, T staff, patients and visitors towards climate
change and environmental stewardship.
- Develop detailed action
plans for each area of carbon emission reduction and implement through
relevant leads, Procurement, Energy, Transport, Anesthetic gases,
Refrigerants, Waste, Inhalers
- Develop indicators for each of
the above, set realistic timelines, monitor these, and work through
challenges towards achieving the goals
- Monitors all Performance using Building Automation/Energy Monitoring Systems
developing the regular updates through making presentations,
communicating challenges, and synthesizing solutions and coordinates
- Develop familiarity with AKHS, T policies
and identify key changes and modifications that result in sensitizing
staff with climate sensitive practices
- Maintain appropriate
relationship with the AKDN agencies and other stakeholders of respective
region vertically and horizontally.
- Constantly scans media and
current affairs environment related to climate actions to identify
opportunities to collaborate with private and government stakeholders.
- Analyze data streams regularly to find out areas of challenges and opportunities to reduce carbon emissions creatively.
- Performs all duties as assigned by the Line Manager or his/her Designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
of Engineering in Electrical/Mechanical/ Environment or equivalent with
professional experience, preferably in Environmental Engineering
- Experience in Electrical/Mechanical (HVAC)systems installation
- Experience in Project management will be considered as added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a role with direct responsibilities for environmental management.
- A relevant background in formal or informal research to develop solutions to environmental challenges.
- Proven analytical skill and experience in generating data to provide evidence to drive change.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft packages, especially Excel, Power point and Word
- Experience in supporting and providing formal or formal training to professionals and colleagues
- Experience of working in fast paced and rapidly changing environment with the ability to respond quickly to challenges
- Ability to work with diverse groups and commitment to advancing workplace diversity.
- Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration.
- Openness, accessibility and visibility: approachable.
- Motivational and inspirational with a commitment to excellence.
- Good listening and counseling skills.
well under stressful conditions, sometimes within tight timelines, to
keep self and others focused objective and effective in the face of
- Influence others through positive action and elicit support.
problem solving and decision-making abilities to resolve challenges
quickly and creatively through appropriate courses of action.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED
ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR
HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN
ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON Wednesday 24th August, 2022.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is
doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others
to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set
itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as
possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these
aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with
previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania (AKHST) – Net Zero Initiative Coordinator