in Tanzania 2022: New Job Opportunities at Standard Chartered, 2022
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
Standard Chartered Bank Jobs
Head, Credit Analysis – (2200021539)
Job: Institutional Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
- Management of team of credit analyst by provided leadership and support needed to achieve their objectives.
- Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal
structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
analysis of customers using credit skills – ratio analysis; evaluation
of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies;
judgment of management and strategy.
- Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties.
annual credit review of assigned accounts and ensuring that respective
GMs and BCAs are processed and successfully approved on schedule.
Approval Committee (CAC) Coordination – preparing a high quality
submission for the respective clients including GM Part 1 and 2,
requesting and following up on financial and credit information related
to subsidiaries for the purpose of computing WACG and Group EL.
compliance with all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio
related policies in conjunction with Global Relationship Managers (GAM)
and Relationship Managers (RM) (e.g. preparing the Country portfolio
standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements,
- As part of the annual credit review process, check for any gaps in credit documentation and escalate to RM team.
- Raise and obtain necessary deferral/waiver approvals from risk approvers/senior management.
Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit
reports appropriately – preparing reports, escalation, and take actions
to GAM/Risk, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with risk
approvers, any risk triggers and tack the evolution of client
performance and client risk profiles over time
- Ensure zero BCA/credit review over dues and work to minimize extensions.
/ escalating the issue to the GAM/RM & other stakeholders in case
any of the Credit approval conditions in have not been complied with
within stipulated timelines.
- In partnership with the GAM/RM,
ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in Early Alert
(EAR/ASTAR) as per the bank’s policies and guidelines. Preparing the
EAR/ASTAR/Adverse news report note for credit issues based on their own
research and inputs from GAM and circulation to relevant stakeholders as
- Attend EAR/Portfolio meetings calls along with the relationship manager when needed.
- Support team efforts in preparing and responding to internal/external audits and regulatory exams.
part of the annual credit review, identify client limits that are not
utilized or underutilized and escalate to management to initiate
discussions with the respective GAM team.
- Actively participate
in the management of excesses together with the client delivery team,
including, but not limited to proposing limit increases or reducing
exposures and promptly addressing queries from Risk.
- Plan and conduct credit due diligence of assigned accounts.
- Ensure receipt of Quarterly/Annual/Interim Financials for private clients (non-publicly traded) from GAM/client
regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity with
customer business and contribute credit/risk opinions about client and
- Conduct enhanced credit due diligence in order to
achieve clear understanding of credit risks associated with new
transactions. Prepare call reports on credit/risk related discussion, if
the CA attended the meeting/discussion when in attendance.
to the structuring of transactions in coordination with other
stakeholders (e.g., legal, FM, TB, RISK) including the corresponding RWA
- Propose and assist with negotiation of credit terms for ISDA/CSA agreements through preparation of Credit Term Sheets (CTS).
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with stakeholders in Risk, Legal, and Compliance
periodic portfolio reviews of assigned segment to assess
creditworthiness and initiate ad hoc reviews for clients subject to
adverse news or vulnerable to specific economic, market or regulatory
- Proactively monitoring market and industry data and risk triggers across the assigned portfolio
- Take personal responsibility for complex transactions or complex relationships with assigned names.
- Contribute to Stress Tests requests (wherever required or request by GAM/Risk Management
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics,
including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered
Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in
letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the
Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility to achieve
the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles with respect to
assigned names: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of
Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GAMs, RAMs, FAMs, RAM
- Risk, CRC
- MDU, LDU, Legal where relevant
- Product partners
- FCC, where relevant
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM – no of structured deals handle successfully
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- Revenue from the portfolio
- No overdue BCA, QCR
- Efficient handling of EAR, minimal ASTAR
- Nil provisioning.
- Satisfactory audit and other internal & external reviews
- No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
- A proactive approach to identifying EAR accounts – No sudden slippages into GSAM.
- Timely generation & circulation of various Monitoring reports.
surprise deficiencies to be detected in the Excess Monitoring Reports
after the stipulated timelines for checking of the Reports- Evaluation
to be based on spot checks by line manager and will take into account
any relevant findings by internal/external audit/assurance reviews.
Degree in Business/Commerce/Economics is preferred however a degree in a
science or other related field where analytical skills are gained is
- ACCA/CPA qualifications are an added advantage
About Standard Chartered
an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For
more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our
clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a
challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better
than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to
work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can
count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see
the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce
and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand
promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued
behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference
and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right
thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with
integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and
benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social
bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with
flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks
maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global
standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing
platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,
global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health
first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous
learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill
and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces
and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business
functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise
their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our
roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the
role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this
is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important
stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Posting Date: 09/Aug/2022, 11:34:54 AM
Unposting Date: 24/Aug/2022, 1:59:00 AM
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at Standard Chartered Bank Tanzania – Head, Credit Analysis