Location : Dar es Salaam
Start date : October 1,2022
University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year
Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information,
with a focus on improving data quality, and health information systems
(HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health (MOH) as well as
the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
and their implementing partners (IPs).
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO
Global Programs to serve as a Data Analyst. This is a full-time 12-month
position with the possibility of extension for another 12 months
subject to continued funding. The position is expected to start on
October 1st, 2022 and will be based in Dar es Salaam.
Main duties and responsibilities:
the supervision of the Data Quality Technical Lead, the Data Analyst
will be responsible for planning and executing the analysis of various
quantitative data sets related to HIV and AIDS services and HIV
surveillance. The selected candidate will be expected to utilize
technical expertise to ensure data are accurate and high-quality, well
organized, and to plan and carry out analyses that support program
objectives. The types of data that may be included in the analysis are:
CTC2/3, DHIS2, CQI indicators, evaluation data, MER indicators, and data
generated from respondent-driven sampling surveys. The selected
candidate will also contribute to the presentation and visualization of
data to ensure effective communication of key messages and inform
decision-making among key stakeholders.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan appropriate analyses to answer programmatic and stakeholder questions.
statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and
trends in datasets that could be helpful for program monitoring and
- Prepare analysis reports for stakeholders to
understand the analytic methods used and guide the interpretation of the
findings, enabling them to make evidence-based decisions.
implementing partners on the implementation of routine data quality
activities and remediation of data quality challenges.
cleaning and analysis of data generated by respondent driven sampling
surveillance activities and a PMTCT cascade evaluation.
- Support analysis of HIV recent infection surveillance data.
- Support triangulation of HIV program data across various sources, including CTC3, monthly portal, and DHIS2.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, or a related field is required. A
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Public Health, or Epidemiology is a strong advantage.
- Strong mathematical skills to collect, measure, organize, and analyze quantitative data is required.
data analysis skills including proficiency in statistics and
statistical packages like STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc. is required. Experience
using RDS-A analysis software is a strong advantage.
of five years of progressive professional experience in public health
working in analytics-focused positions is required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
of both PEPFAR and MOH reporting tools and systems (including DATIM,
CTC2, DHIS2, Monthly Portal), and HIV and AIDS indicators is required.
experience working with a variety of organizations and stakeholders,
including experience collaborating with MOH, is an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili are required.
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, excellent communication and presentation skills, and decision-making skills.
- Ability for critical thinking and creativity.
- Ability to prioritize, work under deadlines, work with minimal supervision, and multi-task.
- Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and powerpoint.
applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the
minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
- A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees, one of which is from your current employer.
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by August 19th, 2022.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.