AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
🔍 Africa, Tanzania, United Republic of
to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project
funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that
supports national NTD control programs for the control and elimination
of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis,
schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI
International seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation Research, Learning and
Adapting (MERLA) Officer who will support the Ministry of Health (MoH)’s
national neglected tropical disease (NTD) control program to ensure
quality data collection, analysis, and reporting in Tanzania under the
Act to End NTDs | East Tanzania program. She/he will provide a first
line review for the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program
performance and results for Tanzania-led activities and assist in
facilitating learning using those results. The MERLA Officer will work
under the MERLA Advisor to conduct regular program data analysis,
identifying areas for additional support., and identify how results will
be used for program improvement through programmatic adaptation.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Location: Dar es Salaam
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design and implementation of a M&E plan in line with the National NTDCP framework.
- Support the process of report writing for program activities and timely dissemination as required by MoH and other partners.
in the planning of Mass Drug Administration (MDA) activities including
the collection of data relevant for drug forecast.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of disease specific assessments (DSA) surveys, and surveillance activities.
the direction of the MERLA Advisor, participate in strategic planning
of the NTD program with partners at the central, regional, and district
government levels, NGOs, FBOs, and CBOs ensuring that M&E components
are made part of the overall strategic plan.
- Work with local
partners to integrate NTDs into the mainstream health care delivery
systems at district levels, aligning the NTD M&E components to the
MoH’s MTUHA system.
- Liaise closely with Regional Health
Management Teams (RHMTs), Council Health Management Teams (CHMT) as well
as other relevant local partners for harmonized operations of M&E
components in program activities.
- Facilitate the capacity
building of national NTD team, partners at the regional, district and
local levels to collect and analyze data and prepare reports for both
the CHMT and the NTD program.
- Under the direction of the MERLA Advisor, coordinate implementation of MERLA activities
Data collection, monitoring, and reporting
MERLA activity tracking, including ensuring that activities are
implemented in accordance with approved work plan and budget.
first line data reviews for specific program activities (e.g., surveys,
MDAs, training) to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
routine and ongoing data review, communicates any problems with data
quality to the Program Manager to ensure accurate data collection and
- Fills out routine project reporting tools and forms
according to the program schedule (work planning, two semi-annual
reporting periods, and additional as needed), collaborating with the
- Draft accurate and timely responses to ad hoc data requests.
various field activities to support high quality data collection and
reporting, identifying any challenges and providing on-the-spot
- Collaborate with MoH in the design of data collection forms and data management for the surveys and MDAs
Survey development, implementation, and analysis
developing protocols and reports for DSAs, data analysis to inform
action-oriented conclusions, and the application of learning.
the submission of survey outputs which include, but are not limited to,
survey reports, raw survey data, and clean datasets.
- Support DSA outcome evaluations.
Program learning and adaptation through data use
country-level work plans and semi-annual reports to ensure they
appropriately incorporate the relevant data, including accurate and
high-quality reporting and using data to inform strategy and activities.
- Analyze/use project MERLA data to identify trends/patterns/outliers (e.g., low-performing districts).
stakeholders to regularly input information into and use the national
data storage platform, such as the Integrated NTD Database, including
using it to submit high quality data to WHO (including Joint Application
Package [JAP], and disease-specific elimination dossiers), etc.
- Provide technical assistance to MoH to facilitate high quality submission of JAP.
with country and HQ staff to identify opportunities for learning and
program adaptation, including operationalizing learning agenda action
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating periodic pause
and reflect activities, including but not limited to “After Action
Reviews (AAR), post MDAs and DSAs, utilizing the Data for Action Guide,
- Support capacity strengthening efforts to the MoH to
conduct MERLA activities and institutionalize the approaches for said
Minimum Required Education & Experience
degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, or other
analytics field (a must), plus 3 years of experience; or a master’s
degree in public health plus 1 year of experience in global health/
governance/ nutrition/ environment programs (preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of MERLA methods and approaches, as learned through coursework, internship, or work experience
- Experience managing electronic data capture (EDC) and working with real-time monitoring of data (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of integrity
- Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment
- An understanding of development issues
- Fluent in English required
Thanks for reading Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning and Adapting Officer at RTI International Tanzania