|The East African Community (EAC)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at The East African Community (EAC), 2022
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
The East African Community (EAC) – European Union (EU) Core Programme is
financed under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) and has an
overall objective to support the deepening of the EAC regional economic
integration, through advancing implementation of the Customs Union and
the Common Market Protocols.
One of its specific objectives is to achieve improved implementation
of agreed EAC commitments on liberalisation of trade in services under
the EAC Common Market Protocol; through among others:
- Supporting the monitoring mechanisms
for the removal of restrictions in prioritised sectors, through
establishment of a living database of restrictions as well as its
regular updating; establishment of national and regional peer review
processes and availability of standardised data on trade in services;
regulatory reforms, through developing sector specific regional
regulatory frameworks; roadmaps for reviewing domestic laws and
regulations; building capacity of service sector regulators as well as
supporting preparatory steps for the implementation of the draft
Regulations on the free movement of services and services suppliers.
awareness and coordination, through establishing public-private
dialogue multi-stakeholder forums to facilitate advocacy, information
sharing and best practices; and holding national stakeholder
sensitisation campaigns to create awareness on opportunities for service
The EU-EAC CORE Programme will be implemented
two main implementation modalities: a) Indirect management with the EAC
Secretariat, through procurement of services via an International
Restricted Tender (IRT) procedure; and b) Indirect management with the
EAC Secretariat, through Programme Estimates. During the first 2 years,
the focus will be on the insurance, accounting and distribution sectors.
Additional sectors to be covered will be decided jointly by EAC
Secretariat and EU in the course of Year 2.
The East African Community Secretariat seeks to recruit a highly
motivated, result-driven, and qualified professional from citizens of
the Republics of Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Rwanda,
South Sudan, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania to fill the following position below tenable at the EAC Secretariat in Arusha, Tanzania:
TRADE IN SERVICES PROJECT OFFICER FOR THE EU-EAC CORE PROGRAMME
GRADE : P3
ORGAN: EAC Secretariat
DEPARTMENT: Trade in Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Trade through the Principal Trade in Services Officer
DURATION: 4 years
DUTY STATION: Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
support the EAC Principal Trade in Services Officer to coordinate and
oversee implementation of the Trade in Services component ofthe EU-EAC
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Terms of Reference for consultancies required to implement the Trade in
Services activities in the EU-EAC CORE Programme.
inputs on diagnostic studies and regulatory audits undertaken
inadditional sectors/sub-sectors to be agreed by the EAC and EU.
- Organize and facilitate meetings of the National Trade in Services Committees and the Regional Committee on Trade in Services.
the annual EAC peer review processes through organization and
facilitation of regional sub/sectoral multi-stakeholder forums.
the development of the EAC Manual for Trade in Services statistical
reporting, including its validation and adoption.
the development and adoption process of roadmaps and bills for reviewing
national laws and regulations towards removal of national
non-conforming measures relating to accounting, insurance, distribution
as applicable, to align them to the EAC Regulations on Movement of
Services and Services Suppliers.
- Implement a twinning programme of staff from regulatory authorities to build capacity and enhance cooperation among regulators.
national sensitization campaigns to create awareness on various
service-related issues, including through the development of
sensitization materials and policy briefs, as well as support Trade in
Services Public Private Dialogue platforms.
- Support planning of
activities, monitor and prepare regular progress reports on the
implementation of the Trade in Services aspects in the EU – EAC CORE
- Ensure timely mobilization of funds – under the
Programme Estimates for the implementation of the Trade in Services
component, ensuring in particular complementarity with activities
implemented by the various service providers.
- Facilitate the Technical and Steering Committee meetings on the EU-EAC CORE Programme.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree in the field of Economics, Law, Business Administration, International Trade or related field.
- 10 years relevant experience particularly on trade in services and regional integration with 5 years being at a senior level.
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities for analyzing trade in services issues.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Kiswahili and French is desirable. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising quality and team spirit building skills.
- Computer literate with competency in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; negotiation skills and ability to work harmoniously in a diverse environment.
is an EU-EAC CORE Programme position supported by European and is a
non-established position for which contract terms are limited to four
(4) years including a probation period of six months.
candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the
relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State.
This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained
All professions that require registration with
specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with
such requirements .
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form; CV, application letter, ID.
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at The East African Community (EAC) – Trade in Services Project Officer