Capacity Building Advisor – Tanzania
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the USAID/Tanzania Tanzania
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity. The
purpose of the Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation
activity is to provide technical and advisory services to
USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and
Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper
oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP
capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design,
implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and
government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4)
enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
To support the associated MEL services on this activity, SoCha seeks a full-time, qualified Capacity Building Advisor.
**Suitably skilled Tanzanian citizens and residents are encouraged to apply.**
Scope of Work:
Illustrative Functions of the Position
The Capacity Building Advisor will:
- Lead the identification of local research organizations working on development issues related to youth;
- Identify opportunities to support locally designed and driven research projects;
funding, training, mentorship, and tools to enhance the skills of local
entities undertaking locally-led research on issues of importance to
- Monitor improvements in the capacity of local
organizations to design and undertake research and implement development
- Support the publication and dissemination of any research resulting from the project activities, and
with the Chief of Party (COP) in ensuring that evaluation information
is shared and utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning
processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations
to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- An advanced degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a relevant field.
years of demonstrated experience in leading MEL capacity building,
facilitation, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing capacity and performance assessment diagnostic tools.
- Experience in leading design and measurement of strategy.
- Technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning frameworks.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Prior experience in training, support and mentorship of local staff.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with some in-country travel.
How to apply:
To apply, please lodge CV highlighting your experience in qualitative research via the form below.
Applications close 21 August 2022 and promising candidates may be selected before this deadline.