Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
|World Vision International
World Vision International Jobs, 2022
- Karen (EARO), Kenya
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Kampala, Uganda
- Kigali, Rwanda
time type Full time
job requisition id R8228
over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most
vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We
help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places,
inspired by our Christian faith.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the
joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The successful candidate can be based in any of the East African countries where WVI is registered to operate.
Strategic Financial Planning and Management
- Review monthly funding requests from Field/Regional Offices and ensure that they are in compliance with their committed budget.
- Coordinate submission of monthly requests with the Field Offices and Global Treasury.
the RFD in ensuring that cost efficiency is embedded in planning and
utilization of resources. This is to ensure Field Offices and Regional
Office are monitoring their spending against budget commitments to
assure that spending occurs only where there are commitments and to
minimize year-end overspending.
- Assist the RFD in the region’s financial planning and budgeting process.
timely compliance of all Field offices and Regional office with the
Finance calendar of activities from regular monthly, quarterly &
annual reporting, Annual Budgeting, Annual Insurance and Fleet Updates
and implementation of Global initiatives.
Financial Accountability and Reporting
review of Field Office and Regional Office financial reports to ensure
that the reports are reliable and provide accurate information.
appropriate financial and monitoring frameworks are in place, and
operating satisfactorily, in each National/Regional Office to support
WV’s ministry in the region. This involves assisting National Offices
designing and improving internal control systems and project accounting
- Oversee and evaluate the region’s financial performance
and efficiency through the quarterly financial scorecard issued by the
Global Finance Solutions.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
- Assist the RFD in enforcing mechanisms to mitigate risk in EAR.
- Support the roll out and monitoring of the implementation of the Anti-Corruption and Accountability Framework in EAR.
- Regular review and update of policies to respond to the emerging risks.
- Improved Balance sheet monitoring through regular reviews and monitoring of Field Office Balance sheets and internal controls.
- Review the EAR Finance Risk Register on Riskonnect to ensure that it is up to date.
- Full and timely implementation of finance audit findings.
- Assist the RFD to ensure acceptable audit ratings and implementation of any audit findings and Process Improvement Memos.
Regional Finance Systems and Processes
the role of Regional Finance Process Owner which includes coordination
and ensuring Shared Service Full Adoption by all offices (P2P &
R2R), roll out of Global initiatives and continuous process
improvements, full optimization of Provision in all offices, continuous
training on systems and process deployments across the offices in EAR.
the role of SunSystem/ProVision/LEAP point person for the region, which
includes the co-ordination of SunSystems & LEAP point persons for
the region, co-ordination of training and defining a strategy.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- Assist the RFD to build financial capacity at National/Regional Office.
- Identify gaps and collaborate with Field Offices to facilitate & coordinate training and capacity building for the staff.
- Sensitize Finance Team Leads on Capacity Building of Teams through the various learning platforms.
- Organize experience sharing engagements among FOs on different subject matters.
capacity gaps of the FOs and support/ organize learning sessions for
the offices in collaboration with RFA, GFM and other subject matter
special projects for the RFD as necessary. This could include
researching key finance ratios to set benchmarks; developing training
material for use by FO/RO finance staff (e.g. PowerPoint presentations);
identifying alternative options for cost-cutting; researching cost
allocation methods within the region; investigate problem areas in
RO/FOs; compiling socio-economic data to assist with a model for the
effective allocation of resources, etc.
- Act on behalf of the RFD during their absence.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
- Any other business as may be delegated from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications, Power BI, SUN System
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of and experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred
- Experience in establishing and enforcing common protocols and standards throughout a large organization
- Senior leadership experience in strategic financial management
- Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring and supervising finance staff
knowledge of the WV Partnership preferred and ability to interface
sensitively with people from various departments in both field, global
and support offices
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and able to lead in devotions and Chapel services
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Masters in Finance, Business Admin or Accounting Preferred
Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, or CA (Chartered Accountant) or CWA
(Cost and Works Accountant) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Work experience in a similar Regional role and managed remote teams
- Experience working in a challenging environment (either in a fragile context or a relief environment)
significant WV Finance Leadership experience and desirable to have
working experience in strategic financial management, reporting and
compliance for donor funded organizations.
- Proven record of developing people in cross cultural and restricted contexts
The closing date for receiving applications is 3 August,2022.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at World Vision International – Assistant Regional Finance Director, East Africa Region