Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Silverleaf Academy Tanzania 2022Silverleaf Academy Tanzania Jobs, 2022
Silverleaf believes that quality
education should be accessible to every child. We know education helps
level the playing field. We are attempting to build Tanzania’s first
group of affordable primary schools, educating children aged 3-14.
mission is to provide lower-middle income urban families with the
highest quality education possible at the most affordable price.
Silverleaf schools deploy a tablet-based curriculum inside every
classroom, and adopt an innovative team teaching and in-service training
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Our schools are designed to combat widespread student
underperformance typically seen within highly resource constrained
Tanzanian schools. It is our promise to our students and their parents
that Silverleaf students will not leave without full mastery of the
basic skills of writing, reading and counting, whilst also being
prepared for a world where critical thinking, team collaboration, and
entrepreneurship are paramount.
Silverleaf currently operates 2
campuses, in Zanzibar and Usa River, as well as supporting the launch of
a new accelerator program for schools positioned to eventually support
10’s-100’s of existing primary schools.
Position: Programme Assistant
Reporting to: Franchise Lead (Direct)
Location: Usa River, Arusha, Tanzania
Contract: Full-time paid position
About the role,
We are looking for a Programme Assistant to support in the design and
roll out of our school accelerator programme. The aim of the pilot
programme is to understand how the Silverleaf model can help to improve
the management and learning outcomes in non-government pre- and primary
schools in Tanzania. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and
flexible individual, with a passion for education, to support in all
stages of the pilot development and roll out. You’ll work closely with
our Franchise Lead and Programme Officer, and assist other Silverleaf
staff to make sure the programme is implemented effectively and that we
are able to learn as much as possible about how our school model can be
adapted to improve educational quality across the country.
Programme Toolkit Design
- Systematically map existing SLA and partner tools against those required for the programme, and identify gaps
- Adapt, translate and edit tools and templates to fit programme purpose
- Organize tools in shared folders, ensuring file naming is consistent and tools are accessible.
- Systematically map all private pre- and primary schools across Tanzania’s northern region
- Gather basic, high-level data on schools identified and create database to store findings
- Use data to identify 40 priority/high-potential schools for the second cohort of the School
- Accelerator Programme
- Visit schools and use site visit guide to gather additional information and conduct due diligence check
- Organize phone interviews with school management and Silverleaf School Accelerator Team
- Organize and coordinate site visits to short-listed schools
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Utilize tools to effectively gather baseline data
- Enter data into MEL Tracker in a timely manner Support PO to collect data during programme delivery
- Content Delivery
- Support PO in delivery of soft and hard copy documents to participating schools
- Support PO in coordination and facilitation of in-person training sessions
- Support in development of content e.g., formatting documents, assisting in creation of training videos etc.
- Ensure Silverleaf Team are kept up-to-date with progress via Slack
- Share ideas and suggestions for ways to improve the pilot content/delivery
- Social Media & Marketing
- Generate content for social media in the form of short, catchy posts, pictures, or short videos based on programme activities
Social Media manager of upcoming activities, and other notable events
throughout the year which align with programme objectives and values
- Draft blog posts, newsletters and other promotional materials as required
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in project/programme implementation, preferably concerning education or social interventions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or another related field
- Sound understanding of the Tanzanian education system
- Have a high standard of written and spoken English and Kiswahili
highly organized! There are a lot of different elements to this pilot
programme and you will need to keep up with many different activities at
- Be experienced in building relationships with stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Drive (including Google Docs)
- Be passionate about quality education and supporting children
- Experience teaching or working directly with children
- Experience in data collection following research protocols
- Experience using Slack
- Familiarity of the Tanzanian education system
- Be experienced in building relationships with stakeholders
Legal & Human Resource Associate
Position: Legal & Human Resource Associate
Organization: Silverleaf Academy Ltd
Reporting to: (directly) CFO & (indirectly) CEO
Location: Tanzania (Arusha) with regular trips to vaiour Regions
Contract: Full-time position
Length: 1 year
About the Role
Legal and Human Resource Associate will lead the organization’s legal
affairs, human resourcing strategy and delivery of people development
and talent management related to all of Silverleaf’s staff, schools and
departments across regions of Tanzania.
The Legal and Human
Resource Associate is responsible for the design and execution of
Silverleaf Legal functions, Human Resource Management Strategy and
System, S/he will lead all activities of legal, administration and
management of Human Resources functions.
This role is expected
to ensure good collaboration and coordination with all Silverleaf’s
stakeholders across the country, while ensuring the integrity and
effectiveness of Silverleaf’s distinct contribution to attainment of
organizational objectives. S/he should be an innovative,
results-oriented individual who can create and deliver a vision, and
ensure organization compliance and managing team member expectations.
The Legal and Human Resource Associate will work closely with the CFO,
COO and CEO and sit within the Central team of the organization.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Be in-charge of all legal affairs of Silverleaf and its affiliated entities
- Notarization of all Silverleaf and affiliated entities documents.
the organization on all legal matters and liaise with various
regulatory bodies to ensure that Silverleaf consistently complies to
various laws and regulations of URT.
- Advise the organization on
legal issues pertaining to foreign employees, volunteers, visitors and
International Professionals and liaise with Imigration, Employment and
- Lead on Visa, Work permits and residents permits of all Silverleaf foreign staff
- Leading, advising and preparing company contracts with all other parties.
staff performance review, maintain and update the HR management system
with all employee information, Inclusive of policies governing the
relationship between the people., Silverleaf and their professional
- Updating organizational structure. Support in Workforce planning, distribution and recruitment
with Insurance companies for staff benefits & assist in preparing
policy, guidelines, and systems for staff safety measures.
HUMAN RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review HR processes and suggest improvements. Advise and assist management and employees in HR related issues and concerns
- Team member attendance and time management (Work hours, overtime, staff gap, leaves, etc)
- Issue contract and letters to all employees (Offer, contracts, transfer, separation, warning, retrenchment, retirement etc)
- Provide feedback to the management to enhance a better and cordial working environment.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans. Book testing, schedule interviews and prepare employment contracts
and implement Human Resources strategy, Lead the process of review of
job descriptions and the preparation of new and/or revised job
descriptions in line with organizational human resource strategy
- Assist in developing and implementing staff professional development programmes
- Prepare and implement staff motivation plan, arrange effectively social events and activities
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Required profile for job ad : Legal & Human Resource Associate
- Must have Bachelor Degree in law (LLB)
- Must be currently registered and recognised advocate of High court of Tanzania,
- Practicing experience in corporate compliance and company services for a minimum of two years, preferably in Tanzania
- Fluent in English, swahili would be an advantage
- Tech lit
- Time keeping
- Google suites experience
- Previous experience working with payroll and HR system(specifically PAYTAN is an advantage)
- Court experience
- Labour law specialization
- Corporate law experience
What we bring to the table
- A chance to make a real difference and gain experience in a dynamic and growing organization
- An opportunity to develop both personally & professionally
- Exposure to working with a multicultural team
- Strong professional development and growth potential
- Excellent references You’ll fit into our culture if you:
- You show a deep commitment to Silverleaf’s mission, vision, and culture
- You are constantly seeking new opportunities to add value to your work
- You value high standards of professionalism and rigor
- You value transparency as key to building collaborative teams
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to addressing challenges
How to apply
Please apply for this position by:
Sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job you are applying for on the subject line like ‘Program Assistant’ clearly stated. (All applications should be in English).
should also include a link to a video of maximum 2 minutes (120
seconds) with a short personal introduction and explanation of your
interest in the role and joining the team.
Wait and we will get back to you within 3 business days.