- Full time
- Dodoma, Tanzania
role of Senior Finance Officer will sit within the “Programme
Management Team’ which is responsible for ensuring that all financial,
operational and administrative aspects of Shule Bora run effectively.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Senior Finance Officer will assist the Finance Manager to monitor,
report and make timely interventions in order to ensure the financial
health and hygiene of the business and to support effective financial
decision making within business streams in accordance with Mott
MacDonald’s internal financial policies, national, international
financial reporting standards, as well as meeting client requirements.
will work in close coordination with the Project Manager, Admin
Officers and Technical team, as well as liaising closely with the team
in Dodoma and other locations. He/she will support the Finance Manager
in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including
maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and
reconciliations. The principal duties and responsibilities will be as
Project Monitoring & Reporting
support to the Finance Manager to produce forecasts and budgets for
work activities based on the estimates on the Rolling Work Plan (RWP).
This includes collating activity costing and providing support for
preparation of the working estimates
- Review actuals spend
against the RWP budget by producing monthly spend analytics and
reporting financial performances to the Project Manager
- Ensure that timely, accurate, and appropriate information is available to the programme management team.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required for delivery of the programme.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
with the preparation of bank reconciliation statements and ensure they
are checked and approved for submission within deadline.
- Assist in carrying out timely bank transactions and, also to deposit cheques into vendors accounts.
for petty cash management and ensuring regular reconciliation of cash
balance for review. Accountable for cash count and reporting on cash
count exercise to the management.
- Provide support for payment
and disbursement of cash payments e.g., per diems. To produce
reconciliation of payment and supporting document for appropriate
- Support the Finance manager in the preparation of the company’s financial accounts
the Finance Manager in ensuring compliance with legislation, internal
financial controls, and international financial reporting standards.
the finance manager in computing taxes owed and prepare tax returns,
ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements
to external statutory entities such as the TRA and Pension funds.
- Assist in the preparation of all payment vouchers, and cheques and ensure the timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
and ensuring that all payment vouchers meet the minimum audit
requirement by checking for approvals and necessary supporting
- Ensuring tax compliance; more specifically with reference to the withholding tax as per the relevant provisions
the Project Accountant and Accounts Clerk in the preparation and the
subsequent activities for external e.g., client, and internal audits, as
and when required
- Implement quarterly internal spot checks on
regional office transactions and asset management as well as audit large
the Mott MacDonald Business Management Systems (BMS) procedures,
including health, safety and security as required by Cambridge
Education/Mott MacDonald for the project.
- Contribute as required to programme reporting related to the areas above;
- Promote healthy work ethics, good governance and anti-corruption behaviour;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Programme Manager.
- Excellent numeracy and accountancy skills
- Experience of working for an international organisation, preferably in the development/humanitarian sector;
- Experience in budget management
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to think ahead and produce accurate information;
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleagues in the Kampala office as required.
- Experience in operating within environments with diverse cultures and practises;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Accounting/finance or related discipline
- Significant relevant work experience in a related field.
- Shortlisted Candidate will be subjected to written practical test, only successful candidate will be called for oral interview.
Bora aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in
Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for
all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls,
ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children
with disabilities access quality education. If successful, Cambridge
Education will design and implement Shule Bora in Tanzania over 6 years
–August 2021 – March 2027.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business,
seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure
equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our
workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where
everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your
manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client,
team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in
everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital
innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!