Workplace Kibondo/Nduta Refugee Camp
Contract Type National contract
Job title: Project Assistant – General Food Distribution
Band: Employment band: I
Reporting to: Team Leader
Technical line manager: General Food Distribution Program Manager
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: General Food Distribution
Location: Kibondo – Kigoma, Tanzania
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Overall purpose of the role:
The Project Assistant -GFD is responsible for food distribution at the
FDP in collaboration with the Incentive workers, Food Management
Committees (FMC) and local leaders, maintaining a direct line management
of Distribution Incentive workers and FMC in Nduta Camp, providing
overall management of chute and coordination at assigned Food
Distribution Point (FDP) Documenting and reporting food distribution
• Ensure all activities are implemented in line with established food management protocol.
• Receive commodities for the chute from the Team Leader-GFD, ensure
proper distribution of entitlement with individual scooping method and
report back with number of beneficiaries served and the remaining
balance in daily basis during the distribution period.
Project Assistant-GFD will verify each individual that comes to the FDP
by cross checking ration cards with the Food Log. He/she must confirm
that every Household comes with a ration card and attestation letter and
that somebody from the household is physically present to receive the
• Conduct all project activities in accordance with the
agreed work-plan and project proposal, ensuring food distributions run
effectively and efficiently, meeting the required standards of service
for targeted beneficiaries.
• Troubleshoot all distribution issues at field level, with guidance from Team Leader-GFD
• Complete daily distribution reports, submitting to Team Leader-GFD on a daily basis.
• Provide Food Assistance training to Scoopers, FMC Members and other stakeholders, as directed.
• Collect and collate daily distribution reports, waybills and other
related documents, checking and submitting to the GFD- Team Leader on a
• Supervise the proper handling and care of distribution equipment’s at the center.
• Help with crowd control and ensure people waiting in line for
verification/distribution are doing so in an organized manner.
Submit the numbers and names of all no shows to the GFD–Team Leader
after every GFD to track those that continually do not show up
• Assist the Help Desk Assistant with information handling and documentation.
• Follow the General policy guidelines of the DRC/DDG including the code of conduct
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the GFD Team Leader.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
• This position will directly report to Team Leader
• Will be responsible for compiling daily distribution reports
• Conduct Daily Physical reports before and after every distribution
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in humanitarian context
• Experience with carrying out activities in Refugees setting
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines
• Basic proficiency in computer skills e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email
• Good communication skills
• Previous NGO work experience in General Food Distribution is an advantage.
• Diploma in Nutrition, social science or equivalent professional qualification
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,475 POSTS)
• English (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Ha will be a plus
• DRC staff
• Incentive Workers
• WFP and Other Food implementing partners
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest
standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s
values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual
exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☒ ☐
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☒ ☐
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Providing equal opportunities
are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment
based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered
for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and
appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique
skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested
candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards
capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s
and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to
uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the