Digital · Remote, Remote
Position: Software Engineer (Consultant)
Location: Africa (Remote)
Travel Required: Minimal
Position: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Digital
Contract Type: Term (5+ months)
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is building brains and building change for families across Africa
through fun edutainment on accessible technologies. We’re a social
enterprise founded and based in Dar es Salaam, and we broadcast our
shows Akili and Me and Ubongo Kids
across the continent. We’re getting ready to expand our offices and
operations into new markets, so we’re looking for energetic and
self-starting new Ubongoers to join the team as we grow. Working here
won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you, with lots of
responsibility, plenty of fun, and the opportunity to impact the lives
of millions of kids every day.
for a creative and capable software engineer who is confident working
with different digital solutions (web, apps, cloud etc.) across
different programming techniques, and is solution-oriented, to help
build and maintain our inventory of software products.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- Execute full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Providing support across teams for software solutions
- Support, maintain and secure our wide range of Software products
- Identify and document best practices and strategies regarding software development and infrastructure maintenance
- Develop and implement technical efforts to deploy and maintain applications and data to the cloud.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor or equivalent experience and proven portfolio in software development
- Ability and experience to develop mobile application (iOS and Android) using Dart (Flutter Framework)
- Proficiency using Github
- Excellent knowledge of front-end web development technologies
- Have a can-do attitude and readiness to learn on the job as we create an innovative new digital products
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
and a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner
and make significant progress with or without direct supervision.
- Comfort dealing with and understanding digital products (apps, video etc.)
- Proficiency working with Xcode, Android Studio and Visual Studio
- Passion for Ubongo’s vision of bringing localized edutainment to learners across Africa
who loves kids. They’re why we do what we do. They’re running around
our office all the time. Our kids’ music and videos will become part of
your life (and constantly stuck in your head).
- Experience in working with WordPress websites and WordPress theme development
- Experience in working with some web development frameworks such as django, express js etc
- Experience with front-end development frameworks such as Bootstrap, Tailwind etc
- Experience with making fun and educational apps for kids
- Neurodivergent candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks,
like delicious healthy lunch at the office and you get to watch cartoons
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at Ubongo Kids Tanzania – Software Engineer (Contract)